• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new bird search

RosaD1967

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rosa Diaz
Hi my name is Rosa. I am a bird lover I have owned birds before but don’t have any now. My umbrella cockatoo died of beak and feather disease. I also had a Goffin cockatoo named peachie that I had to make a very hard decision and rehome him. Because of me losing my place. Currently I am living with family we’re they are no pets allowed. I am looking to move out soon and get myself together again. As soon as I do that I am looking forward to getting a new parrot wish I would love my peachie back but I know that’s not going to happen. Peachie is very much loved by his new owners and loves his owners as well. Any suggestions on what kind of parrot I should get. I am opened to hear all about your birds and your experience with them. Maybe this could help me find the right parrot for me.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Sorry about the loss of your Umbrella 'too and that you had to rehome Peachie. Since you liked your Goffin's how about getting another Goffin's. If you are considering other species then are you near any parrot rescue facilities where you could visit with and interact with different birds and see which one you might have a connection with?

RosaD1967

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rosa Diaz
Iamwhoiam thank you for your advice. I am not sure were to look. I will definitely look into rescues.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I am sorry for your loss.

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
meet the birds at a rescue and choose the one who is most friendly towards you and you like. As simple as 123:)

good luck!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! Since you seem to like cockatoos, there are always cockatoos at rescues in need of a good home (and an experienced cockatoo owner!).

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome sorry for your loss

PamBeasley

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Christine
Sorry for your loss, Rosa. We would go to animal expos that had different rescues under one roof and also visit the rescues themselves to get a feel for what types of birds fit us. We also have a friend who has a sanctuary and got to learn from her and all of her rescues. Sometimes the bird just speaks to you. Literally :)

RosaD1967

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rosa Diaz
Pam B, I am looking into bird rescue. I am going to look around and take my time to see wish bird fits me. Thank you so much for your advice.