1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new bird search

Discussion in 'Welcome Lane' started by RosaD1967, 2/10/19.

1. RosaD1967

RosaD1967 Meeting neighbors

Rosa Diaz
    Hi my name is Rosa. I am a bird lover I have owned birds before but don’t have any now. My umbrella cockatoo died of beak and feather disease. I also had a Goffin cockatoo named peachie that I had to make a very hard decision and rehome him. Because of me losing my place. Currently I am living with family we’re they are no pets allowed. I am looking to move out soon and get myself together again. As soon as I do that I am looking forward to getting a new parrot wish I would love my peachie back but I know that’s not going to happen. Peachie is very much loved by his new owners and loves his owners as well. Any suggestions on what kind of parrot I should get. I am opened to hear all about your birds and your experience with them. Maybe this could help me find the right parrot for me.

2. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Welcome to AA. Sorry about the loss of your Umbrella 'too and that you had to rehome Peachie. Since you liked your Goffin's how about getting another Goffin's. If you are considering other species then are you near any parrot rescue facilities where you could visit with and interact with different birds and see which one you might have a connection with?

Ripshod likes this.
  3. RosaD1967

Rosa Diaz
    Iamwhoiam thank you for your advice. I am not sure were to look. I will definitely look into rescues.

Ripshod likes this.
  4. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Welcome! I am sorry for your loss.

5. RosaD1967

Rosa Diaz
    Expressmailtome thank you!

6. BlueDoraBarry

BlueDoraBarry Strolling the yard

Barry
    meet the birds at a rescue and choose the one who is most friendly towards you and you like. As simple as 123:)

good luck!

7. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    Welcome to the forum! Since you seem to like cockatoos, there are always cockatoos at rescues in need of a good home (and an experienced cockatoo owner!).

8. Cynthia & Percy

Cynthia & Percy cockatoo mania Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

cynthia
    welcome sorry for your loss

9. RosaD1967

Rosa Diaz
    Thank you! bluedorabarry.

10. RosaD1967

Rosa Diaz
    Sunnysmom thank you!

11. RosaD1967

Rosa Diaz
    Cynthia & Percy thank u

12. PamBeasley

PamBeasley Sitting on the front steps

Christine
    Sorry for your loss, Rosa. We would go to animal expos that had different rescues under one roof and also visit the rescues themselves to get a feel for what types of birds fit us. We also have a friend who has a sanctuary and got to learn from her and all of her rescues. Sometimes the bird just speaks to you. Literally :)

13. RosaD1967

Rosa Diaz
    Pam B, I am looking into bird rescue. I am going to look around and take my time to see wish bird fits me. Thank you so much for your advice.

PamBeasley likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)