• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new baby Alexandrine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGems

Rollerblading along the road
What a little cutie! I also think he is a boy, I can see the starting of his ring. My IRN had a ring like that when he was that age, it really didn't fully come in until he hit 2...Then you have some IRN and Alexandrines that don't even show a shadow until they're around 2 then all of sudden boom there it is! :lol:
The breeder was surprised to see rings showing, she hasn't had it in previous clutches. But, apparently most of previous chicks have turned out to be girls. So...I am hoping the ring is accurate, as I would prefer a boy. But even if he turns out to be a she, I really liked the personality on this one! I also got to meet mom and dad, they are pets and are never locked into their cage, they are loose in the house all the time and get along with all the rest of the birds. Definitely not a baby from a typical breeding situation. Its nice to know my baby is well socialized with people and with birds :)

LittleGems

Congrats! He is so cute :) I have always wanted an A;ex, your sooo lucky!
I think that so cool that your breeder weaned them onto a variety of pellets! That makes it easier to adjust his diet to your choice. Neat idea.
Hey, the breeder still has 2 more chicks available! ;)

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
How precious! Congratulations!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So adorable, congrats on your new baby!

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Ohhh, he's so CUTE! :heart:
What a little cutie! I also think he is a boy, I can see the starting of his ring. My IRN had a ring like that when he was that age, it really didn't fully come in until he hit 2...Then you have some IRN and Alexandrines that don't even show a shadow until they're around 2 then all of sudden boom there it is! :lol:
And then you have those who have a very strong shadow ring ... just to trick everyone ... and turn out to be a Girl (see original Cedric turned Cedrica aka Ceddy) :lol:

LittleGems

My baby is home! His name is Timber - seems appropriate due to the amount of wood chewing he will end up doing LOL He seems quite comfortable, and is currently pigging out on Harrisons pellets :D He is amazingly calm and laid back, taking everything in stride. He even seemed to enjoy the car ride home. When we got home, he stepped up nicely for me, and I put him on his playgym on top of the cage and he checked things out. When I put him in the cage, first thing he did was starting munching a toy...until he noticed the food dish and then he went straight for the pellets, such a typical Alex LOL he has a wonderful appetite!

Timber1.jpg Timber2.jpg

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My baby is home! His name is Timber - seems appropriate due to the amount of wood chewing he will end up doing LOL He seems quite comfortable, and is currently pigging out on Harrisons pellets :D He is amazingly calm and laid back, taking everything in stride. He even seemed to enjoy the car ride home. When we got home, he stepped up nicely for me, and I put him on his playgym on top of the cage and he checked things out. When I put him in the cage, first thing he did was starting munching a toy...until he noticed the food dish and then he went straight for the pellets, such a typical Alex LOL he has a wonderful appetite!

View attachment 65186 View attachment 65187
He is such a handsome boy and I love his name.

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
:yah: :welcomesign:home and :welave: Timber!

I love the name! :) Sounds like a wonderful start!

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Awwww, that is a serious cutie! Love that baby face!

Status
Not open for further replies.