• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My name is Elvis and I'm a clip addict

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Wow! As a grandma, I like that store! @saroj12 have you shopped there?
i have but not in a while! i'll check it out again!
Michelle, Elvis is so spoiled by both you and your fiance!:D

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
i have but not in a while! i'll check it out again!
Michelle, Elvis is so spoiled by both you and your fiance!:D
LOL. Well, the fiancé would say by me- but he does spoil Elvis too in his own way. And he deserves to be spoiled, I think. ;)

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Yes. He unhooks them. He buries them in his food dish. He's currently working on trying to rehook them. And then he eventually chews them into tiny pieces and shoots little pellet pieces across the living room or tries to ricochet them off the ceiling. He thinks it's great fun. We go through 2 bags of clips a week easily.
:rofl: :lol: Haha oh Elvis, that made my morning.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Love it! As far as I know, these are the same as the Lakeshore Learning ones, but a little cheaper, and usually can get a free shipping code: Jumbo Oval Counting Links
That is a really good price for the. 500 might actually last us two weeks. :wacky: My crazy bird.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Yes. He unhooks them. He buries them in his food dish. He's currently working on trying to rehook them. And then he eventually chews them into tiny pieces and shoots little pellet pieces across the living room or tries to ricochet them off the ceiling. He thinks it's great fun. We go through 2 bags of clips a week easily.
Love it! As far as I know, these are the same as the Lakeshore Learning ones, but a little cheaper, and usually can get a free shipping code: Jumbo Oval Counting Links
Haha Luv Bug has a toy that had a few of these hanging from the bottom. Those were the first things to go when we gave it to her. :smuggrin: I hook them on her cage bars and she loves taking them off but we only have 3 left. So today I needed a little something to finish an Amazon order & found a pack of 100. I didn't know this was a common obsession. I'm just glad she hasn't begun to fling them yet! :roflmao:

I almost got these larger one from the baby dept, but as she seems to be new to toys I didn't want to scare her.
Capture+_2017-11-21-02-12-50-1-1.png

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Haha Luv Bug has a toy that had a few of these hanging from the bottom. Those were the first things to go when we gave it to her. :smuggrin: I hook them on her cage bars and she loves taking them off but we only have 3 left. So today I needed a little something to finish an Amazon order & found a pack of 100. I didn't know this was a common obsession. I'm just glad she hasn't begun to fling them yet! :roflmao:

I almost got these larger one from the baby dept, but as she seems to be new to toys I didn't want to scare her.
View attachment 261548
I'll have to look into those. It's good to know Elvis isn't the only one that likes plastic clips. I had bought some different shaped ones before but they were pretty brittle. And I miscalculated and actually ran out of clips yesterday evening. :scared3: We somehow made it through. And then this morning, I thankfully found 4 clips he had flung under the coffee table. My leaving for work without him having clips wouldn't have been pretty. LOL. Amazon is delivering more today.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Also thankfully, Bug is still in the unclip-only stage of her obsession & hasn't started chewing them so we're still able to rinse, reuse, recycle. ;) What did we ever do before Amazon? I think I'd be lost sometimes without them. Bug's pellets come today. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Also thankfully, Bug is still in the unclip-only stage of her obsession & hasn't started chewing them so we're still able to rinse, reuse, recycle. ;) What did we ever do before Amazon? I think I'd be lost sometimes without them. Bug's pellets come today. :)
Oh, you're lucky then. I have bits of plastic everywhere. I just had a bag delivered Sunday and we ran out yesterday (but for the 4 I found). His clip obsession is growing. The fiancé says I should ration them. LOL. But they make him happy..... What did we do before Amazon? I guess actually physically went to a store- which I rarely do anymore but for like groceries.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh, you're lucky then. I have bits of plastic everywhere. I just had a bag delivered Sunday and we ran out yesterday (but for the 4 I found). His clip obsession is growing. The fiancé says I should ration them. LOL. But they make him happy..... What did we do before Amazon? I guess actually physically went to a store- which I rarely do anymore but for like groceries.
I just reread this and he does sound like a junkie- I just had a bag delivered........ LOL.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I just reread this and he does sound like a junkie- I just had a bag delivered........ LOL.
:coffeescreen: Oh goodness, it does! lol

Oh, you're lucky then. I have bits of plastic everywhere.
I know exactly what you mean, but not because of Luv Bug.

I bought a thick, plastic chain to make a swing for Buzzard over his cage. I chose white plastic because I didn't want the look of chains hanging from the ceiling. :o: Before we decided where to hang it, I showed Buzzy the swing & to see what he though of it. He was very interested in the chain so I took one off of the swing & clipped it to his play stand. He proceeded to chip away at the entire thing link by link. We had zillions of thick plastic bits scattered all through the carpet that made stepping on legos feel like a foot massage!

Now I just buy a bunch in 2-3 foot lengths, clip one to the ceiling of his cage with a quick link & he stays busy all day and the pieces stay in his cage mostly.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:coffeescreen: Oh goodness, it does! lol

I know exactly what you mean, but not because of Luv Bug.

I bought a thick, plastic chain to make a swing for Buzzard over his cage. I chose white plastic because I didn't want the look of chains hanging from the ceiling. :o: Before we decided where to hang it, I showed Buzzy the swing & to see what he though of it. He was very interested in the chain so I took one off of the swing & clipped it to his play stand. He proceeded to chip away at the entire thing link by link. We had zillions of thick plastic bits scattered all through the carpet that made stepping on legos feel like a foot massage!

Now I just buy a bunch in 2-3 foot lengths, clip one to the ceiling of his cage with a quick link & he stays busy all day and the pieces stay in his cage mostly.
That's another idea for Elvis.............

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used to shop at the Lakeshore store for students and the birds. I used these to teach the birds colors and also tried to work on counting:
Size & Color Teddy Counters at Lakeshore Learning

The bears I have are all the same size, though.
The birds can play with them but only when supervised.
I bought some plastic links there, too. The ones I have close.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
It starts...
1125170912-1.jpg
She's only ever unhooked before. Glad we have some kind of support group going on here. :roflmao:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
OMG!!! My paco is addicted to baby clips too! He will sit and clip two clips together and apart for literally hours a day, we call it “clipping!” I cannot believe another cockatoo is similar.
LOL. It's good to know it's not just Elvis. If Elvis is being overly loud, I will say to him- where are your clippies? And he'll climb in his cage and get one. Silly cockatoos. :)