• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My lovies had a baby!!!!

alicat

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ali
ahhh!
the lady I rehomed my lovies to has been keeping me updated. we didn't know their genders but recently one laid eggs!
we didn't know the gender of the other bird though, and I don't really know the woman other than emails of her keeping me updated, so a few weeks went by...
today I got this!
Screenshot_2016-04-17-11-35-14.png

IT'S A BABY!
:faint:
I'm freaking out. it's so cute. so little!
i was planning on dummy eggs if this happened but she wanted to see what would happen!

my babies had babies, it's so cute.
I can't handle it.
I told her I need lots and lots of updates and pictures!
when she emails me back I'm going to mention avian avenue to see if she's interested in looking around.

... babies.
hehe! :xflove:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What a cute little baby. : )

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
What an adorable little one!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute. Do you think you might take the baby once it is weaned?

alicat

Real Name
Ali
Very cute. Do you think you might take the baby once it is weaned?
I hope!
I asked her what she's planning on doing with them, and she said she's not sure yet, she wants to see if the other eggs hatch and if this Lil guy makes it. If it's just the one I think she wants to keep it. But she said if she needs homes I'll be the first she calls!

I want it so badly. I miss my lovies incredibly, and if I got one of their babies I would be over the moon!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Awww, congrats to the parents & their new mommy. So glad they found a great home. Love that nest.
Babies are adorable & hard to resist but remember your living situation & the struggles you have had.

Three more eggs to go. Hope they hatch!

:dance4:

alicat

Real Name
Ali
Awww, congrats to the parents & their new mommy. So glad they found a great home. Love that nest.
Babies are adorable & hard to resist but remember your living situation & the struggles you have had.

Three more eggs to go. Hope they hatch!

:dance4:
I'd only take one if I move back to my moms, which is more than likely. And she doesn't seem to want to give them up hehe.
Don't worry!

I applied at a pet store today and they had crimson bellieds like yours! I took a picture and was going to show you but had to reset my phone so I lost it. They were soo cute and begging for attention ugh

alicat

Real Name
Ali
And that nest is so funny, it's the first thing I ever bought them. I knew nothing about parrots or nesting, and they would have little squabbles over it. I would hear their little nails clicking away! :D
They loved their coconut!
Ohhh I love them!

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Awe they are so tiny when they are hatched. best of luck :heart:

alicat

Real Name
Ali
He's older now!
I told her about the site but she didn't join I don't think.
Another hatched but she lost it. Avery lost interest and she has to hand feed. She's been doing that for about a week.
But here's his two week photo!
20160430_110543.jpg

I got this 2 days ago.
She'd let me know immediately if anything happened like the other chick, so this guy's still chugging. :)

fidsmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I miss raising baby lovies . please tell the new owner thou, to put newspaper at botom of cage, the female will shred it, and make a nest , it will help the baby out as it won't be so slippery in that coconut thingee, . Also to watch that the parents, don't start to pluck the baby, as some lovies, tend to plunk their young, and then go at making more eggs. Baby is very cute.

alicat

Real Name
Ali
I miss raising baby lovies . please tell the new owner thou, to put newspaper at botom of cage, the female will shred it, and make a nest , it will help the baby out as it won't be so slippery in that coconut thingee, . Also to watch that the parents, don't start to pluck the baby, as some lovies, tend to plunk their young, and then go at making more eggs. Baby is very cute.
As far as I know they're separated now because the mother abandoned them. I'm not sure. We're on an email only kinda basis, but I will let her know about the plucking when she next updates me! And see if they're separated

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
so cute ! thanks for the updated pic:)

alicat

Real Name
Ali
@Igrikki I was looking for you!! I'm going to send her your thread. :)

alicat

Real Name
Ali
4 weeks! ♡
20160513_175456.jpg 20160513_175505(1).jpg
She said they're laying again. I talked to her about dummy eggs and she said her vet said to make them uncomfortable as possible and that there's shots for them as a last resort. I'm not super familiar with that and I'm not sure if anyone reading this is! (Help!)

His wings look green though like his Daddy. I can't wait for him to get all his feathers!