• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my local bird store :)

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
There's a bird store that I frequent that, I truly do recommend for any in the area! It's called Exotic Birds by Fran. While it is not a chain it is quite similar to Omar's Exotic Birds, which, is all around Socal. They test all their birds, and do boarding. They keep many of their birds on stands, where you can hold and interact with them. The only birds in cages are those that pose a risk to themselves or others, for ex, a bird who's balance is off, finches, full flighted, etc. Fun Fact! I actually got Toto from there... Baby pictures included :)! They also have a wonderful variety of seeds and pellets, along with Teflon warnings and a vet and care sheet.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Do they clip the wings of the birds on the stands?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I haven't been able to see most of your pix or your siggie - only the last photo in this thread.
What I see instead are these

T. gillii

Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
Do they clip the wings of the birds on the stands?
im not 100% sure if they clip all the birds wings, for ex, if you ask them not to they wont, i've seen a bird there on the stands that isn't clipped. but with the babies, yeah, because they dont want them to fly out, but they don't want them in the cages.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I think that is terribly sad for the babies :( But I also think it is sad that they are out on stands where anyone can poke at them or annoy them.
im not 100% sure if they clip all the birds wings, for ex, if you ask them not to they wont, i've seen a bird there on the stands that isn't clipped. but with the babies, yeah, because they dont want them to fly out, but they don't want them in the cages.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I haven't been able to see most of your pix or your siggie - only the last photo in this thread.
What I see instead are these

Same for me. There is only picture I can see the rest are those big grey dots :)

T. gillii

Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
Same for me. There is only picture I can see the rest are those big grey dots :)

thats weird... they show up for me? also, i mean, if theyre handling the birds incorrectly, the people working there tell them, but if you think of it as sad, that is your opinion. i think it is wonderful that the birds can be handled and played with safely throughout the day. i do agree about the babies, though, but there is nothing i can do about that, but if they were flighted, im sure they wouldn't be able to use their wings in the cage.. it'd be a constant risk of them flying.