• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My little Red Fox. Jasper means "Little Treasure"

ArtBird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
This is Jasper, my 7-Lb rescue Pomeranian.
When Jasper was a puppy, his young owner didn't want to pay for vet bills when his puppy teeth had a hard time falling out. He got an infection in his mouth. Tiny dogs with tiny mouths frequently have trouble with their adult teeth growing in, and need help. His owner let it go, and Jaspers infection got worse. His owner then took him to the vet- TO BE PUT TO SLEEP. He didn't want to deal with Jaspers tooth problem. :( :mad:

The vet told him...sorry...you are going to have to surrender this dog, there is nothing wrong with him other than your negligence. The vet helped Jasper, and fixed his teeth, and the infection. He then placed him in a Duluth Rescue, and this is where I adopted him. Jasper had pretty severe separation anxiety when I first got him. Now- he is happy, healthy, relaxed, beautiful, sweet, so even-tempered and wise, calm, and playful. I have had him now for 5 years, and he has become quite a wonderful therapy dog. I have taken him to work with me over the years, caring for seniors with Dementia and Alzheimers. He now helps me work with a girl that has Asperger Syndrome.
Jasper gets home-cooked food, and safe treats (no chicken jerky from china!) and a frozen chicken wing every week.

JasperCutie.jpg Mail Attachment.jpeg

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
You should read the book Possibility Dogs. The main dog is a pit mix, but the author is a sweetheart who always has a pack of rescue Poms. Your story about Jasper reminded me of her dogs.

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
You should read the book Possibility Dogs. The main dog is a pit mix, but the author is a sweetheart who always has a pack of rescue Poms. Your story about Jasper reminded me of her dogs.
:lol: I worked with a senior who had a pack of rescue Poms! Jasper loved it. (PORP's? lol)

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Thank goodness for that vet! He is so so so beautiful with his fluffy coat! He looks very happy and spoiled! :heart:

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Thank goodness for that vet! He is so so so beautiful with his fluffy coat! He looks very happy and spoiled! :heart:
Thank you...he is very happy & spoiled- for sure. And his anxiety has pretty much disappeared!

MsCreature

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shy
Aww, he's precious! I love poms, I think because they remind me of a mutt we had when I was younger who had some pom lineage. :]

I almost came home from work with one a few years ago. This lady came in and he peeked out of her purse! So tiny and young. I guess she had an "unexpected" litter. It was oh so tempting, but I resisted. (This is in my small mountain town, btw. :])

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Aww, he's precious! I love poms, I think because they remind me of a mutt we had when I was younger who had some pom lineage. :]

I almost came home from work with one a few years ago. This lady came in and he peeked out of her purse! So tiny and young. I guess she had an "unexpected" litter. It was oh so tempting, but I resisted. (This is in my small mountain town, btw. :])
Oh, you should get one,....Tara needs a buddy...a teeney, fluffy buddy..... :yes3: :walkdog1: :devil::hehe:

MsCreature

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shy
They are precious. :] Tara unfortunately is more interested in sleeping than other dogs. haha she's a dotty old lady. :p

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
They are precious. :] Tara unfortunately is more interested in sleeping than other dogs. haha she's a dotty old lady. :p
Perfect timing, then. Puppies help the elderly cross over...lol...I know this for a fact!

ok, I'm just kidding.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwww Jasper is gorgeous.

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is the spitting image of a fluffball!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me and my mom looooooooove pommies!

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Jasper is so cute! Is it hard to keep his fur looking like that?

We had an Australian Shepherd. He became my son's dog, and my son did not brush him often enough, so he (the dog, not my son :rofl:) went to the groomer's fairly often. She would cut his fur back. Jasper looks so regal sitting on his comfy dog bed, as if he would be appalled if his paw got a speck of dirt on it. Nemo played in the sprinkler for hours, he went with us to the lake and swam around, he didn't care if he got dirty.

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
:hug8: :hug8: Jasper :hug8: :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Beautiful Jasper! :heart:

ArtBird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Celia
Jasper is so cute! Is it hard to keep his fur looking like that?

We had an Australian Shepherd. He became my son's dog, and my son did not brush him often enough, so he (the dog, not my son :rofl:) went to the groomer's fairly often. She would cut his fur back. Jasper looks so regal sitting on his comfy dog bed, as if he would be appalled if his paw got a speck of dirt on it. Nemo played in the sprinkler for hours, he went with us to the lake and swam around, he didn't care if he got dirty.
Hehehe....No- he's pretty easy. He's not clipped at all in these pics... IMG_0034.JPG I know he looks like a foo-foo dog, but he likes to jump off docks, and roll in horse poo, and be outside exploring. He thinks he's a big dog, and gets super startled when he has to realize he isnt.