• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My kitties turned 1! Photo heavy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Yes, Jasmine is a seal point (having points mean that the cooler areas of the body show a darker color than the main torso). Caspar is also definitely lilac with his points but his male hormones make his body darker in the central torso and then fade toward the chest and tail; this is part of the cameo effect, as well as the kind of bled out character to his central markings. Most people do no realize the color points on Siamese are temperature dependent in their intensity. The cooler their environment, the more color they have, and the warmer, the whiter they are; sometimes to the point their facial mask and legging color fades enough to show actual tabby like patterns. Facenating to watch happen over a period of months. You have some beautiful and unique kitties.

You're full of so much interesting information!! When they were younger, and their colors were much lighter, they did have tabby patterns! I often thought maybe they were half tabby because of that, but now I know it may just have been because of their lighter coloring. That's very interesting about temperature and colors. We are definitely cooler here, so that makes sense as to why they are so dark.

My favorite thing about Jassy's markings are her white paws :)

Thank you for your compliments. I think they are absolutely gorgeous too - but I might be a little biased. :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Wow they are pretty!!!

Tarax

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tara
I dunno if im about to spell this right but perhaps dad was hemalayan? :p My sister has two and they have thick soft coats just like theirs.
Their so adorable ! makes me want another kitty :p

Status
Not open for further replies.