• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My IRN Is Sneezing.

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
My IRN is quite healthy in all aspects except for diet, and she sneezes. I can't take to a vet (ever) because they are all way too expensive, none of them treat birds, and all of them (even the ones that do treat birds) aren't professional.:faint: So, what do I do? She has been sneezing occasionally but she didn't have any other symptoms. And she only ever sneezed after flying, screaming, or after aggressive behaviour (biting other birds on a screen). Anyways, just now, she sneezed multiple times repeatedly. Help.

Thanks in advance:fairy3:
-Barry

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
There is really no viable alternative to vet care. If you let us know your general location and what vets you've tried, we may be able to help you find one you like.

BlueDoraBarry

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barry
I am in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (an immigrant).
Honestly, if you just read the google reviews of the vets near me you'll be instantly discouraged.:lol::joyful::geek::shy::unsure1::(:sadhug2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I can't take to a vet (ever) because they are all way too expensive,

Did you check this out before getting a bird? Better find a way to get your bird to a vet. Care Credit is a card you can charge vet care to with no interest pay back.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Sometimes birds sneeze once in a while. Mine do when they are preening, but I have dusty cockatiels. It could be normal, but if you seen any discharge, or if the sneezes are wet, then your bird might be sick. To keep your birds immune system healthy, you can look into putting some apple cider vinegar in his water a few days a month, giving him probiotics, and maybe give him some Vetri DMG. Make sure he eats healthy, gets enough exercise, and isn’t stressed.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
@BlueDoraBarry - while it is very important to see a vet if possible - another factor might be the environment. I’m no expert but I’m going to go with Saudi Arabia being a little dry and dusty. Maybe some humidity or air purifying might help as it sounds like she is sneezing after exertion or taking in a lot of air. Maybe she is pulling in too much dust at once. I’ve pasted some information below. I hope you get it figured out for your fid :)
Your Parrot’s Environment

Environmental problems are easier to remedy than are medical concerns. While some budgies (parakeets) and some other species are adapted to arid habitats, most parrots are native to environments that are relatively humid for much or all of the year. Indoor air in dry regions, and any indoor air that is heated or air-conditioned, is too dry for many commonly-kept parrots.

Fumes and mist or smoke from cooking, household cleaners and the like can also irritate the respiratory tract, leading to sneezing and the over-production of mucus.

Air filters, humidifiers, misting, live plants and saline flushes can be used to improve your pet’s environment.