• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My husband is a sucker...

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Recessive pied male budgies will always have pink ceres... so I doubt he'll ever get a blue cere - let alone a white/crusty brown one! ;)

Makes me think of a couple of budgies I first had... first was White Waters (sweet little male - very light blue and grey in color), and another Storm Cloud (feisty female - she was just a standard blue budgie).

So sorry to hear about Jason, but I hope Sky will more than make up for the little missing piece of all of your hearts! :heart:

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Lucky little fella! Congrats! :heart:

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Recessive pied male budgies will always have pink ceres... so I doubt he'll ever get a blue cere - let alone a white/crusty brown one! ;)

Makes me think of a couple of budgies I first had... first was White Waters (sweet little male - very light blue and grey in color), and another Storm Cloud (feisty female - she was just a standard blue budgie).

So sorry to hear about Jason, but I hope Sky will more than make up for the little missing piece of all of your hearts! :heart:
Haha I wondered! I am the worst at sexing parakeets, but it was already so chatty when s/he settled in that it made me question the info my husband received! Good thing Sky can go either way :p

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
What a beauty!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Sky is gorgeous, congratulations!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Sky! :)

We had an EB whose name as also Sky....he was the most beautiful blue budgie I've ever seen...:heart:

PoukieBear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Sky has her or his baby bars yet meaning she is a baby. Her/his cere coloring can change with maturity. Usually after the first molt. @PoukieBear is the best for budgie sexing. Sky is a lucky baby to be with your family.
Congratulations! Sky is super cute and I'm really happy he found a great new home.

Sky is a Male, Recessive Pied. His cere will remain that pink colour his entire life, and he won't develop the normal iris rings either. He will likely keep some of his baby bars after his first few molts as well. That's what I love most about pieds, they look like babies forever! :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sky is darling! Congrats on your new addition!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Yes, my blessings over flow! I get help with feeding but cleaning cages? I'm on my own :p
I hope Fritzgerald's cage is the only one you ever get stuck in. :laughing2: (I still love that video.)

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Congrats on your new addition. My husband's co-workers even told him I should be allowed to get another bird for x-mas. I'm actually willing to wait for now

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Congrats on your new addition. My husband's co-workers even told him I should be allowed to get another bird for x-mas. I'm actually willing to wait for now
If you got one for Christmas, you could name them Jingle! :p