• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My Hissing Roach Enclosure!!!!

Percy&Ivan

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
what do you feed them??
Right now I'm feeding them dog food carrots and spinach...you can feed pretty much anything (from what I've heard) if you're considering getting some I really recommended the cockroach forum..it's a little slower than this forum, but they're really helpful!
Edit: Emzotics roach care on YouTube helped me so so so so much! If you're looking into them @tacotaco she's super helpful

Last edited:

Milestone

Sprinting down the street
That is so cool. I didn't picture them even looking like that! Are they dirty?

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
So glad to know they like they're house so much they crawl behind it:lol: IMG_20170625_014829.jpg
Btw...no I didn't try to flush them out if there with water, when I sprayed the corner for the night it got back there

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Maybe I missed it, but did you name them?

Edit: If you ever want to make to make a permanent background I'd youtube how to set up a vivarium or similar. Expansion foam works well and critters can't climb it.
;)

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best

Edit: If you ever want to make to make a permanent background I'd youtube how to set up a vivarium or similar. Expansion foam works well and critters can't climb it.
;)

Yes, I did.. SJ and Warrior btw their names are a family joke....and I came to realize that there names are basically social justice warrior...but I didn't mean to do that lol
I'm thinking about removing the background all together and putting like a paper on the back as a background

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda

;)
Can't climb behind it I mean lol. Cute names. I use gift wrapping paper on the back of some of my cages if I just want some color on the back if you can't find a fish background you like.

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Can't climb behind it I mean lol. Cute names. I use gift wrapping paper on the back of some of my cages if I just want some color on the back if you can't find a fish background you like.
I decided to take it out all together, and for now I just set it on the back, I think the issue was no dark hiding spaces, but I couldnt put anything to hide in, because if the 3ish inch background, I took it out, and had enough room to add some hides and make more dark spaces!

Kay_belle_12

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Aw, they are too cute!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Cool but I really shouldn't have looked at the pics when I was in bed... :faint:

Loppy

Real Name
Jen
This is pretty cool! Those roaches look like they've got a pretty sweet setup.