• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My heart hurts

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie

It has taken me a couple of days to be able to write this.My dear sweet Jimmy has flown over the rainbow bridge.I think I’m all cried out but every time I think of him passing in my arms the tears will fall.I have to comfort myself by thinking about the life that he had with me compared to the first 25 years of his life.I kinda consider him a rescue because he was being kept in a cockatiel cage with one perch one sorta toy and food(seed) and water dish's on the floor.He did not know how to fly,he acted like veggies were gifts from heaven.Once he was in a BIG cage with lots of toys and food choices and an open door,he blossomed.Before long and after wing flapping practice he was flying to me at my desk or the couch!Jimmy made my heart happy each and every day of the 12 years he was here.Jimmy had been having spells of weakness and keeping his balance but each time with special attention to his diet I was able to pull him through. I fed him more soft foods and yes dammit I fed him some WD.I ask myself if that had anything to do with his passing, I just don’t know and If it did-it was given to him out of love and ignorance. I'm so very sorry Jimmy I Loved you so very much and wanted nothing but the best for you. Fly high sweet Jimmy, find Ummm and give him my love.You will always have a special place in my heart.
upload_2019-8-17_12-44-42.png

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh my gosh, I'm so very sorry to hear about your sweet Jimmy. My heart goes out to you during this time. Sending you my love. Prayers going up asking for help healing your broken heart

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry you lost him but 12 happy years after all he'd been through is awesome and he passed in your arms knowing he was safe and loved till he crossed:sadhug:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Oh Bonnie, it's hard to see those that we saved go, really hard. Jimmy, fly high and free without pain nor illness. Say high to all of the others we have lost.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so deeply sorry.

There is no doubt that he made your heart happy, conversely, there is no doubt that you made his heart happy in the same way.

Wings Forever Proudly High, Jimmy....

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m so sorry for your loss ❤

You filled his life with love, right up to his last breath, I will have you in my thoughts :sadhug:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, I’m so very sorry for your loss of Jimmy.:sorrow:It’s good you were with him at the end, and I hope you can eventually find comfort in your memories of him. He had a happy life with you and knew he was loved, which is the best any of us can do. Sending big hugs your way.
:sadhug2:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Bonnie, when one of us hurts, we all hurt. Jimmy was loved so much and we know you did everything you could for him.

Wings up high, handsome boy. Look after your Mama from the heavens. :sadhug: