• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Heart Hurts

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I had a contractor come by to give an estimate for a job. My blood ran cold when he said I found a bird nest and it had 3 babies. I asked where they were and he said in the back of my truck. We went and looked and sure enough he had them in a garbage bag along with their nest. He then went into the bag and fished around till he got hold of one and showed me, my heart sank when I saw the bird, it was fully feathered but had alot of floofies. Looked to be about 3 weeks. I explained a few things to him and he said he used to raise starlings so he knows what to do. I mentioned taking them to my vet and see if he had any suggestions. I hope they are still alive. Needless to say, this guy is not getting a job from me!

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Poor babies and the mother who is missing them :sad6:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
That doesn't make any sense! If he "knew what to do" he'd've left them unless the homeowner insisted and thought they might remove the birds themselves. And then he would NOT have bagged them up. :extremeanger: Glad he won't get the job at least. Scumbag. :kickout:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Oooo no.... that.. is insane! Who would do that??:faint:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sad. Why put them in a garbage bag? If he was going to take them then put them in a box with some holes so air can get in. Poor little babies.