• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Hats Off To AA

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Did I miss something? I'm assuming (which is dangerous) that this would refer to raptors and parrots?

faeryphoebe1

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Yeah, what did I miss? I don't remember ever seeing anything like that here.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Parrots with other pets.... i.e. cats, dogs, mice, ferrets.....

Although some owners are able to keep their birds with predators, many new members may take this as it's "ok" to do, and attempt the same with their own pets... only for it to potentially end in disaster.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
:hmmm: :shocking: :idea: :yelling: :devil: Not commenting otherwise I'll be sent to :mariesshed: even though I understand it's been redecorated and is quite nice inside now ... :zipped1:
No matter how much you trust your pet, you do not know its instincts.

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
This is not a new rule and posts are not forbidden but we do encourage people to take every precaution when having their birds outside or around other animals.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Chris, @ the risk of sounding like a brown-noser, it makes perfect sense. It only takes a split second for something to go wrong and most of us do not have a less than split second reaction when something happens.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Chris, @ the risk of sounding like a brown-noser, it makes perfect sense. It only takes a split second for something to go wrong and most of us do not have a less than split second reaction when something happens.

Can we see this nose? :hug8:

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
No matter how much you trust your pet, you do not know its instincts.

To each his own, but for me, I am a worried chicken :lol:Not only don't I allow my dogs to interact with the birds, I also don't allow the lovebirds to interact with the Pinkster. I never tried , so the two species of birds might do well together when being out of the cage, but I don't wanna risk it. Yep, I am a worry-nuts :p

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
On the mini mac fb group we run, we have zero tolerance for photos of birds with/cat/dogs/etc. We feel that it really gives the wrong impression and everyone who helps run the group shares the same values and help to ensure this rule is firmly and consistently enforced.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger

To each his own, but for me, I am a worried chicken :lol:Not only don't I allow my dogs to interact with the birds, I also don't allow the lovebirds to interact with the Pinkster. I never tried , so the two species of birds might do well together when being out of the cage, but I don't wanna risk it. Yep, I am a worry-nuts :p

I agree with you Katster's Mom, we do not EVER let the Big Girls and the Little's out at the same time. I have posted a couple of videos of birds with other pets, but they were wild birds interacting with household pets, never parrots. I also posted a video of a cat who nursed ducklings with her own kittens and got upset everytime they went in the water, but I agree that posting videos of birds with predators is dangerous and encourages novices to think it's an okay thing to do.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I apologize for being blunt, but I am an Aries, and we roll like that; it is stupid and negligent to let birds interact with animals and sometimes with other birds. Some birds are bonded and love each other. But others hate each other and terrible things have happened when one gets a hold of other birds. :(

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I don't like those pics either but someone wise just made a very good point to me. Sure we can forbid such pictures on the board but then newbies won't get the benefit of knowing why it's dangerous. Every time we get the opportunity to educate is a good thing.