• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My granddaughter and her new bunny

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome Almanzo! You know the name from the Little House Series! He's a holland lop, just 8 weeks old. After this first picture granddaughter is already learning how to hold him and keep those feet more secure. They got him yesterday and we saw him today. So lively, so interested in all the kids and drop dead handsome with those blue eyes. My kids grew up with bunnies and I'm so glad that my grandkids will as well. Just love them. :)

IMG_5375.JPG

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
That is so precious! Both of them! I love bunnies :heart:

I don't want to scare you and hopefully I'm wrong but I always thought that yellow feet on a bun indicates something is wrong. I can't remember if it's an infection or bunny sniffles. Hopefully I'm wrong.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Beautiful babes!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is so precious! Both of them! I love bunnies :heart:

I don't want to scare you and hopefully I'm wrong but I always thought that yellow feet on a bun indicates something is wrong. I can't remember if it's an infection or bunny sniffles. Hopefully I'm wrong.
You know I think it's urine. The bunny is on a rug right now until his hutch is delivered on Tuesday. So he is walking in it. He has a little litter basket but is choosing to sleep in it instead. But I will absolutely make sure he is OK and I so appreciate the heads up!

Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
You know I think it's urine. The bunny is on a rug right now until his hutch is delivered on Tuesday. So he is walking in it. He has a little litter basket but is choosing to sleep in it instead. But I will absolutely make sure he is OK and I so appreciate the heads up!
That's probably all it is. I am sorry for probably overreacting. It's just that I had a bunny with sniffles before and it was very difficult to deal with. I can't even find any references for yellow feet indicating something is wrong, I just feel like I've read it somewhere. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's probably all it is. I am sorry for probably overreacting. It's just that I had a bunny with sniffles before and it was very difficult to deal with. I can't even find any references for yellow feet indicating something is wrong, I just feel like I've read it somewhere. I truly hope I'm wrong.
Oh my gosh, no problem! You are being helpful! I've had my share of bunny heartbreaks too. We will def keep our eyes on this sweet boy.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Your granddaughter is precious! :smileflower: And Almanzo is so perfect he looks like a stuffed animal!

@TikiMyn You have got to see this! :pinklol3:

LunaBeachHouse

Moving in
Aww so adorable :bounce4:
I bet Almanzo is having fun in his new home:heart:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Omgggg HOW cute!! Thanks for the heads up @faislaq !:heart: I request more pictures as these two grow up:swoon: Rabbits are so much fun:laugh: Mine have always adored cardboard boxes, wicker baskets and cat tunnels the most:)

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omgggg HOW cute!! Thanks for the heads up @faislaq !:heart: I request more pictures as these two grow up:swoon: Rabbits are so much fun:laugh: Mine have always adored cardboard boxes, wicker baskets and cat tunnels the most:)
It's so exciting! Day 3 and he's just wonderful! Not intimidated at all by my 4 young grandchildren. He's running right to them and nuzzling them, eating food from their hands! I bought him an edible basket, a fabric bunny bed when he visits Elsa's room and a harness leash that I'll take this weekend. And a few clean empty boxes! Great idea!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It's so exciting! Day 3 and he's just wonderful! Not intimidated at all by my 4 young grandchildren. He's running right to them and nuzzling them, eating food from their hands! I bought him an edible basket, a fabric bunny bed when he visits Elsa's room and a harness leash that I'll take this weekend. And a few clean empty boxes! Great idea!
Ahww I can feel the excitment!:bliss: Awesome you are starting harness training early and that he is getting used to change and such. So much easier to do when they are babies! He is a baby right? I just love love love baby Bunnies:heart: I am going to adopt a new buddy for Breezer(my bun), I have to seriously contain myself not to get a baby:lol:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ahww I can feel the excitment!:bliss: Awesome you are starting harness training early and that he is getting used to change and such. So much easier to do when they are babies! He is a baby right? I just love love love baby Bunnies:heart: I am going to adopt a new buddy for Breezer(my bun), I have to seriously contain myself not to get a baby:lol:
Yes! Just 8 weeks old. I agree that he should be exposed to all kinds of things now. My 4 grandchildren are all super sweet and respectful of animals but it's a busy and loud house. He seems unfazed. :) As far as harness training, I used to walk my fave bunny Thumper. I started early and she liked it. She had a closed off deck to play in daily, but really liked the adventures on her leash. The neighborhood kids all went nuts.

Looking forward to seeing pix of your new buddy bunny!