• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My good advice goes so underappreciated

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Things like, "Don't chew the branch that is supporting you."

I heard a loud crash from the dusties' room and ran to investigate. Monster Truck was on the floor of her cage looking all, ":eek: I just don't know what happened!!"

Sigh. :rolleyes:

Gravity check: COMPLETE

(She's fine)

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
I'm glad she's okay. That is pretty funny! I tell Emery not to stand on the edge of my shoulders...she never listens, and then ends up with me having to catch her when she slips off. :roflmao:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd bird did exactly the same thing to his favorite huge jade plant he loved to sit on and chew and perch. One day CRASH and he was on the floor after years of slowly chewing his perch in half just like that. He had the same look on his face too. We still have the living stump of it and it's probably been with us 40 years.

Feather

Avenue Veteran
Nerd bird did exactly the same thing to his favorite huge jade plant he loved to sit on and chew and perch. One day CRASH and he was on the floor after years of slowly chewing his perch in half just like that. He had the same look on his face too. We still have the living stump of it and it's probably been with us 40 years.
Man, I wish this had taken her years! :hilarious:

That's really cool that you still have the plant. Jade plants are so beautiful.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I've noticed that 'toos have that problem...they don't take advice well. ;)

Milton chewed through a natural branch awhile ago...I heard it crash, came running into the room, and saw Milty hanging on to the side of the cage. He calmly shinnied down the side to the floor, looked at the chewed branch, and said, "I A PRETTY PRETTY BIRD"....:rolleyes:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I tell Emery not to stand on the edge of my shoulders...she never listens, and then ends up with me having to catch her when she slips off. :roflmao:
Have happened to me too. But also that I didn't manage to catch them and they after looked at me as it was all my fault. :blink:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Hank was never noted as the sharpest knife in the drawer and proved it over and over and over by chewing his perch through and dumping himself on the floor. Where he would be very confused and generally blamed me.

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
Hahaha!

My U2 has a gym in the living room I made from natural hardwood branches from our woods. I tell him everyday he’s chewing the main branch he stands on into a spike. The end of it could impale someone at this point....so I make it blunt and he does it again. I’ve told him it’s winter and I can’t readily fix this with a new branch if he insists on going this route. But he doesn’t care. He’s got his mind made up, and that branch has got to be chewed.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Buzzard has done it, too. Thankfully just once so far.

Birds! :bash: They're so smart... and then they're not. :unsure1: *sigh* Wait, that sounds like people! :D