• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MY flock, spoiled?!?!?!?

lillie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
PSSSSH, what?

I went a little overboard for christmas...

20181231_170724.jpg
I know alot of you guys can do better, but Hey! It's still quite a bit for 2 Conures

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
That looks great!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! I went crazy last year so I did less this year made a few things & bought parts.

This was the paper straw year...

IMG_20190101_004139.jpg

Price & Where did you get that basket on the dresser? Buddy waited till hubby fell asleep & started chewing his. It was sitting in my Dads bedroom so I took it for Buddy to stand on when he was what we call " birdy baby sitting " my husband. It's actually hubby Buddy baby sitting when I'm shopping & whatnot.

I haven't been able to find them online big w/ a handle for under $145, last I looked.

:hug2: Rain

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
Wow! I went crazy last year so I did less this year made a few things & bought parts.

This was the paper straw year...

View attachment 293439

Price & Where did you get that basket on the dresser? Buddy waited till hubby fell asleep & started chewing his. It was sitting in my Dads bedroom so I took it for Buddy to stand on when he was what we call " birdy baby sitting " my husband. It's actually hubby Buddy baby sitting when I'm shopping & whatnot.

I haven't been able to find them online big w/ a handle for under $145, last I looked.

oh geez, really??? I had no idea they cost that much! Ours was just something we had lying around

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
unrelated, but would anyone like to see the full set up? (cages included)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
unrelated, but would anyone like to see the full set up? (cages included)

Sure, I like pics! I didn't think they were that much either. I knew he'd chew @ the basket eventually, he got bored with a little cranky bird mood & click click. Now its still usable but for how long, not sure because he keeps trying now. Each time he seems to be getting a little better & faster. What I'm not sure of is, if I find it in a store vrs. online if it's much cheaper.

:hug6: Rain

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
Sure, I like pics! I didn't think they were that much either. I knew he'd chew @ the basket eventually, he got bored with a little cranky bird mood & click click. Now its still usable but for how long, not sure because he keeps trying now. Each time he seems to be getting a little better & faster. What I'm not sure of is, if I find it in a store vrs. online if it's much cheaper.

:hug6: Rain

DSC_0303.JPG DSC_0305.JPG DSC_0307.JPG DSC_0311.JPG DSC_0312.JPG DSC_0313.JPG DSC_0315.JPG DSC_0308.JPG DSC_0309.JPG DSC_0314.JPG

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! I think they're spoiled like Buddy! The basket, yep yours is by the handle mine is about 1/3 of the front rim. I can't get pics right now hubby's sleeping in that room. I'll get you some tomorrow.

I like how their whole area is just a little more than the footprint of Buddys cage area. But yours are smaller fids. With the hubby wanting a 2nd amazon, I'm tossing around the over under ferret cages to sleep in. I have to wait for another fid 1st.

Did you make your own toy? They look like fun. If I give Buddy anything thats plastic he goes into this weird attack mode. I'm so afraid that he'll break off some & injest. So other than 2 items I know for a fact he's no breaking off anything from & I have extra so when it shows signs of recycling, in the bin they go. I make Buddy's toys, I think my next shopping trip will be for parts. I have tons of wood pieces but I need things like the woven/braided palm, like the 2 footies atop your Pvc stand. Also more metal stuff like chain & pear clips.

P.s. Thanks those were great pics!

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
Wow! I think they're spoiled like Buddy! The basket, yep yours is by the handle mine is about 1/3 of the front rim. I can't get pics right now hubby's sleeping in that room. I'll get you some tomorrow.

I like how their whole area is just a little more than the footprint of Buddys cage area. But yours are smaller fids. With the hubby wanting a 2nd amazon, I'm tossing around the over under ferret cages to sleep in. I have to wait for another fid 1st.

Did you make your own toy? They look like fun. If I give Buddy anything thats plastic he goes into this weird attack mode. I'm so afraid that he'll break off some & injest. So other than 2 items I know for a fact he's no breaking off anything from & I have extra so when it shows signs of recycling, in the bin they go. I make Buddy's toys, I think my next shopping trip will be for parts. I have tons of wood pieces but I need things like the woven/braided palm, like the 2 footies atop your Pvc stand. Also more metal stuff like chain & pear clips.

P.s. Thanks those were great pics!

I make some of the toys! Alot are one's I've bought, though. we make the ladder out of twine and they LOVE it. I also made the draw toy hanging off of it. Sometimes I put holes in old plastic jar caps, add straws and toto goes WILD.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like your ladders it looks like the twine one + the one going down to the Java stand. Oh, I wish Buddy didn't get into that plastic attack mode. He loves the look, just goes nuts. I just started building w/ the straws. There our newest portion of putting together stuff. I love dying wood parts it relaxes me somehow.

I rebuilt his ladder when he first came. I bought leather & did it. Then I realized the leather had paint on it. Luckily after I did all that work, it never got used. We changed things around & it got put to the side. Now I found a good place to get really nice veg. tanned leather but it's way too big of a diameter for those holes (I think). Just never got back to it & since he doesn't need it right now for anything no need to rush. You've got ladders & perfect little spots for them. Do they use them all the time?

I spent a ton of time making a swing out of a willow wreath & he hated it. He's very particular. The swing wasn't even an issue of it looks weird. He apparently just isn't into the movement or so it seems. Oh well! Sometimes you just don't know. Is it easier w/ 2 fids? If 1 doesn't like it you may get lucky w/ the other?

:hug7: Rain

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
I like your ladders it looks like the twine one + the one going down to the Java stand. Oh, I wish Buddy didn't get into that plastic attack mode. He loves the look, just goes nuts. I just started building w/ the straws. There our newest portion of putting together stuff. I love dying wood parts it relaxes me somehow.

I rebuilt his ladder when he first came. I bought leather & did it. Then I realized the leather had paint on it. Luckily after I did all that work, it never got used. We changed things around & it got put to the side. Now I found a good place to get really nice veg. tanned leather but it's way too big of a diameter for those holes (I think). Just never got back to it & since he doesn't need it right now for anything no need to rush. You've got ladders & perfect little spots for them. Do they use them all the time?

I spent a ton of time making a swing out of a willow wreath & he hated it. He's very particular. The swing wasn't even an issue of it looks weird. He apparently just isn't into the movement or so it seems. Oh well! Sometimes you just don't know. Is it easier w/ 2 fids? If 1 doesn't like it you may get lucky w/ the other?

:hug7: Rain

These ladders I've just kind of.. had. I get them, loose them, but when I put my mind to a project they just.. show up! They do use them! It's a bit hard to have both of them on there at the same time, since Bobo is nervous and Toto is territorial, but most times theres 1 on the top (make out of an old plastic basket! works great to hang toys from!) and one on the perches, or the ladders. Also yes, and no. You gotta buy double the toys, so double the risk of them hating it, but also theres the reassurance if one doesn't like something the other might. Also, we're always happy to take the toys he doesn't like (kidding! (mostly :angelic:))