• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My first cockatiel

Woefuljungle

Moving in
Hello everyone. I got my first cockatiel (ash) five days ago... he is from a pet store not hand tamed. He's about 6 months old and yesterday and today I have made amazing progress with him. He stopped lunging and biting at my hand to eating from it :)))))))). I even tricked him into my finger today by putting my finger next to his perch and slowly moving the millet away until he had to step on... it's so exciting and now he will come up to the front of the cage and chirp at me until I go up to him......have to share this with someone, it's so great.. I will attach a few pics.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fantastic! You are doing very well in such a short amount of time.

Also, I understand you only brought Ash home 5 days ago, but I would encourage you to remove the top dowel and add some natural branch perches and cotton perches. Having one dowel is ok if it is lower than other (better) perches.

Welcome to the forum :)

Reactions: tka

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
Hello everyone. I got my first cockatiel (ash) five days ago... he is from a pet store not hand tamed. He's about 6 months old and yesterday and today I have made amazing progress with him. He stopped lunging and biting at my hand to eating from it :))))))). I even tricked him into my finger today by putting my finger next to his perch and slowly moving the millet away until he had to step on... it's so exciting and now he will come up to the front of the cage and chirp at me until I go up to him......have to share this with someone, it's so great.. I will attach a few pics.
thats great! and welcome to AA.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! Ash is very cute.