• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My doggie got a haircut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
I'm a bather at a dog grooming store and I'm learning to groom. I've groomed my mom's dog before but it's a strip for the summer so not much scissoring is involved (ugh, that sounded so dirty). Anyways, I have a short hair chihuahua and I looked them up in the grooming book and decided to do what it said, because I was bored.

I trimmed his butt hair (he has a fluffy butt), the backs of his legs, his crotch, and thinned out his neck. I used these AWESOME blending shears which were pure win. It was kinda weird because in the book it said the finished chihuahua should be clean and trimmed looking with a sharp outline, but not looking "scissored". I spent hours on him, and he was very ••••ed at me by the time I was finished.

I kept talking about how beautiful his butt looked and how I wanted to take pictures of my "masterpiece". I think I will, it's just that awesome.

Also, my boss is lending me her poodle so I can practice poodle cuts. :cool1:

Last edited:

Kolkri

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
I was a dog groomer for four years. Grooming is fun and hard work. But dealing with the dog owners well make you want to tear you hair out.
That is why I don't groom anymore. lol
Good luck

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Haley you need pics with this thread. :D

Hours trimming a chi wa wa :rofl: I don't doubt he wanted you to stop. lol

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
We do need to see some pictures!