1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My Cockatiel may need a hysterectomy

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Elli, 12/22/17.

1. greys4u

greys4u Rollerblading along the road

2. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    I was thinking about her this morning...hoping all is going well...

Lwalker, faislaq and WendyN like this.
  3. CeciliaZ

CeciliaZ Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Cecilia
    Thinking of Skye and her mom also...hope all is well.

faislaq, WendyN and cassiesdad like this.
  4. Elli

Elli Moving in

Good news! Found out we can pick her up today. So my mum and I are heading to the vet in a few hours. I cant wait to see her. Skye still needs to take antibiotics and pain relief but they will show and explain everything we have to do. We are to cloesly monitor her when back home and if we notice anything bad we are to take her straight back in but hopefully that won't happen. So far she has responded really well to everything and recovering nicely so hopefully she won't suddenly go backwards. She even started eating on her own again which is also a good sign.

I'm extremely relieved she looks to be doing well. I've already lost 2 cockatiels in the past from other complications, both female as well. One was because of eggs and the other she was a different reason. I'm still devastated over losing them. To see Skye doing well is just such a great relief. I was sure I'd lose her too. Now I hope she can stay healthy from here on and no more scares again in the future.

Monica, CeciliaZ, JLcribber and 7 others like this.
  5. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Excellent news!!! Great that she is coming home today and hope she is 100% soon.

6. greys4u

greys4u Rollerblading along the road

7. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    That’s wonderful news!

8. Sweet Louise

Sweet Louise Jogging around the block

Pat
    Wonderful news!! thank you for providing an update!

9. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    This is great news! :)

10. Lwalker

Lwalker Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue

Lori
    Wonderful news!

11. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative Vendor

Chandra
  12. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    Wonderful news. :)

Does Skye fly?

13. Elli

Elli Moving in

Skye is finally home now. She looks so happy to be back home with her family. She refuses to go in her cage and insists on sitting on myself or my mum and sleep on us. Right now she has several different medications to take and will be going back in to the vet for a check up next Saturday. All my other birds were thrilled to see her back, first thing they did when Skye come home was call out to her for several minutes.
    Does she fly? Nope lol Skye is a lousy flier. Rather she jumps and her body weight makes her fly backwards. She can barely get a few inches off the ground or from wherever she is.

Attached Files:

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  14. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    That is a huge factor in why she has these problems. Fitness is very important where egg laying is concerned.

Eloy, cassiesdad and faislaq like this.
  15. CeciliaZ

CeciliaZ Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Cecilia
    Great news! Hope she continues to do well.

16. Elli

Elli Moving in

She may not fly but she loves to walk everywhere and she does move around a lot. When she is well that is. So I hope that is enough but we don't plan on her having any more eggs with her mate being moved to another cage and the implant. She is 7 years old and this year had her first 2 eggs. The first was fine but the 2nd had complications. It was only last year she became mates with the boy in her cage. Skye also has her sister and her mate in the cage with her. Now the boy that was with her is in a cage with two other boys we have. They seem to be getting on well so that is good.

iamwhoiam, cassiesdad and faislaq like this.
  17. cassiesdad

Bob Weisman
    Sounds like Skye is in good spirits and is very happy to be home. :) A happy bird heals faster...I know that because Cassie did so well after her surgery..her AV said that a good attitude contributes to positive outcomes...;)

faislaq likes this.
  18. NerdyBirdie

NerdyBirdie Sitting on the front steps

Lydia
    Any new news?

faislaq likes this.
  19. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Tailgating Party! I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    I’m so glad Skye seems like she is going to be okay, and that she is home with you now! :)

20. Elli

Elli Moving in

Skye is still doing well. She spends most of her time on myself, my mum or younger sister. Skye still refuses to be in a cage alone. She only sleeps in it but now even hates that so we keep her out to lessen her stress an chances of hurting herself. She loves it though she probably looks forward to going back in her old cage. Though I have now gotten sick through all this so that is unpleasant. I have spent most of my day in bed and sometimes Skye joins me when the others need a break from her as she still is a sneaky little thing when she wants to be.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)