• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My Carmensa have flown away !! And I'm airing my views on clipping the wings.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Even clipped birds can get lift and take off especially the trimmer ones such as 'tiels. I am sorry that Carmensa flew off and I hope that you or someone will find her and that she will find her way home.

Marina Engan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marina Iren Engan
Last week when we had a really beautiful day, everyone had a turn in the aviary outside.

Donavan was the last one out and he was enjoying being on the swing I bought from Aleta and the swing was moving around and he was flapping a little and then a gust of wind came up which lifted him up and I saw the surprise on his face and not knowing what was going on. Poor little boy, I put my arm out for him to step up on since I was sitting on a stool next to him and I was thankful that he looked to me as a safe place to be and not to freak out and than nail me when I extended my arm like that. Good thing we were in that enclosed aviary because I saw just how easily that air lifted him up.

It sounds as if you have a beautiful relation to your birds :) It's so good to hear. Some of my birds has turned to me when something has been wrong, and it's a good feeling.
My Lutino-boy Cariño, once got stuck with the claw in the cage. This was in the middle of the night so I woke up from his screaming. I rushed into the livingroom and gently got him free. He was so scared and upset, so I just sat b the cage for a long time and spoke softly to him. When he calmed down he came over to me and gave me a loooong kiss on my nose. It was as if he said "Thanks for helping me Mum". It was a moment that I'll keep in my heart forever. That closeness... only the two of us in the middle of the night :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm sorry your sweetie flew off, and I hope she somehow makes it back to you.:sadhug2: I have netting on my back deck, and it works well.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope you find her,:hug8:

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
It sounds as if you have a beautiful relation to your birds :) It's so good to hear. Some of my birds has turned to me when something has been wrong, and it's a good feeling.
My Lutino-boy Cariño, once got stuck with the claw in the cage. This was in the middle of the night so I woke up from his screaming. I rushed into the livingroom and gently got him free. He was so scared and upset, so I just sat b the cage for a long time and spoke softly to him. When he calmed down he came over to me and gave me a loooong kiss on my nose. It was as if he said "Thanks for helping me Mum". It was a moment that I'll keep in my heart forever. That closeness... only the two of us in the middle of the night :)

It really is a special feeling when you experience something like that and appreciate even more the connection you have with your little one. Glad to hear Carino had no injury to his little foot.

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I hope you find her!
I will say from personal experience that birds can still fly if clipped. Grumbles had clipped wings and still flew wonderfully. :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
clipped wings are a figment of every bird person imagination. they believe that bird can not fly. Wrong

I hope you are able to find your bird soon.
Thank you! I hope she's still in the neigbourhood...
I don't quite understand what you wrote first... I'm having difficulties thinking clear and focusing. But I believe that you are against clipping... And you have the right to your opinion. Absolutely. I'm not trying to force my opinion on anybody to make them change their mind. I'm only interested in what people stand on clipping vs being hold in a cage most of the day. What benefits the birds most?
That's all :)
I have one that is clipped, Bebe. he can fly up to the top of my cupboards in heart beat. he total stinker about it too. it kind of like na na na boo boo you can't catch me. IMG_0005.JPG
my unclipped one Sweet Pea would rather get on the floor and run like a chicken to the nearest place that she can crawl up on me. she will do short flights in the living room from the love seat to her cage and back to the love seat. but that is about it.
my 2 are let out everyday in the house.
whom ever said the clipped bird can not fly is full of beans.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I hope that you find her soon.