• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Budgie

Bonkers

Hit the Road
Real Name
Bonk's Adventure
Buttercup is doing great with me, it's getting used it my hand as well. Also, @Feather thanks for the information, I will switch its perches.
I like the sand and rope perches they have at the store!

You're teaching her "finger?" Most of my birdies know that, too :)

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Also, check the bite. Females are reputed to bite harder than males.
ugh, please do not "Check the bite". There is no way to determine gender by biting, every bird will bite you HARD when you stress them out or anoy them or handle them when they don't want to be handled. If you end up getting bit, it's because your bird doesn't want to be handled, so just leave them alone and don't stress them out.

Thanks to everyone for being so kind and helpful. I will attach a photo with this reply, sorry if it's a bit blurry.

Buttercup is a lovely female :)

I like the sand and rope perches they have at the store!

Do NOT add sandpaper perches for more than a few days at a time. They are meant to trim down your birds toenails when they are long, and having your bird sit on these kinds of perches (Even the cement ones) can cause some seriously sore feet on your bird. They cause blisters and open sores and it can be very painful for your bird. You wouldn't want to stand on sandpaper all day, would you?

Bonkers

Hit the Road
Real Name
Bonk's Adventure

ugh, please do not "Check the bite". There is no way to determine gender by biting, every bird will bite you HARD when you stress them out or anoy them or handle them when they don't want to be handled. If you end up getting bit, it's because your bird doesn't want to be handled, so just leave them alone and don't stress them out.

Buttercup is a lovely female :)

Do NOT add sandpaper perches for more than a few days at a time. They are meant to trim down your birds toenails when they are long, and having your bird sit on these kinds of perches (Even the cement ones) can cause some seriously sore feet on your bird. They cause blisters and open sores and it can be very painful for your bird. You wouldn't want to stand on sandpaper all day, would you?
Ooooohhhh.... Oh. I will take the "sand perch" out then !

I have decided to get a larger cage. I made another thread. Should be visible soon :)