• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

my budgie needs help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Everyone has given you some great advice. I agree keep him low in his cage so he does not fall anymore. Also keep him as warm as possible. Good luck at the vet's tomorrow and please give us an update when you can. Also, if he is not eating or drinking maybe you can try giving him water with a syringe? Hugs to you and your baby.:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Yes we really want to know how everything goes. I am sure you are tired too. After he is stable then people can give you some tips on making his environment more adaptable for his new issue adapting to his wing amputation.

anchi

Moving in
guys!!!!
I took him to the steamy bathroom (thank God my bathroom is small) and al of the sudden he was so happy, he started to sing a little bit and he said one word!! and he hum something I taught him...I was so happy! it seems he is breathing easier...but he still is acting like he is chewing something...he is still in the bathroom but I've stopped the hot water...should I leave him there in the bathroom during night or? it is 3:30 am over here...

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
It wouldnt be a bad idea to keep him in the humidity over night.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
What is your budgies' name? Sending healing and positive energy for a full recovery!:hug8:

anchi

Moving in
his name is Bubi...people in Croatia usually call that someone they care about and when you babble...and when something is cute...I went to check on him in the bathroom and I did hear a wheeze but he is much more active and happy...I've turned off the light hope he won't get scared

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I don't know about keeping him in the humidity all night (others can advice on that) but if you do make sure he is dry and the cage covered when you take him outside to go to the vet tomorrow so he doesn't get a chill. I'm so happy to hear he's doing better.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
his name is Bubi...people in Croatia usually call that someone they care about and when you babble...and when something is cute...I went to check on him in the bathroom and I did hear a wheeze but he is much more active and happy...I've turned off the light hope he won't get scared
Good name.:) If nobody has, I will start a thread for Bubi where we light a candle.:hug8:

anchi

Moving in
OMG I can't get more surprised with every reply u guys type....amazing people overseas helping my little friend :) thank you so much, I'm sending you guys thanks and love :heart:
thank you for the candle thread!!

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Good luck with little Bubi. People who care are never far away. When you get a chance tell us the story of how you came to get your bird. Good luck with the Vet visit.

anchi

Moving in
thank you, I will....he started to wheeze again :( I'm just going to cover his cage and try to go get some sleep....I hope he will too even though he didn't for over a day....I'll keep you guys updated...thanks again...

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Hope both of you have a good night sleep and Please let us know what the vet says tomorrow....we are here to help in anyway we can!:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Good morning Anchi. It is very early here 5:30am but wanted to come check for an update. I am glad the steam gave Bubi a little bit of relief. I am so hoping he is doing better at the vet. Will go see if Carole did a candle thread. :hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Healing thoughts and Prayers for Your Bubi:hug8:

anchi

Moving in
we went to the vet's...I left him there....he was x-rayed and the guy who did the radiation wrote that his lungs are clear and okay but the vet (who is young and I think inexperienced but she is wonderful and cares) said his lungs are not that clear and that she fears there is blood in the lungs....she put him in a box and he inhaled something to help him breathe...then she gave him the medicine but she was worried because he layed on the cage, he sometimes lays like that at home but it is strange he is so relaxed at a vet's...so she said it is worrying when a bird lays down :( and he is scratching his head all the time...bad thing is my vacation starts today, I have reservations, I should leave with my mom today and now we're so worried..she told me to leave him there, she will give him medicine every day, leave him in the inkubator during the night, she is great and she is thrilled to see a bird as good as my little guy so I think she will take a good care of him...but I'm scared, it doesn't seem good :(

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
You did the right thing getting him to the vet quickly.Sending more positive energy that Bubi will come out of this just fine.:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
you did the right thing leaving him at the vets..they will look after him dear.:hug8:more healing energies coming his way:hug8:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Oh Anchi he is in the best of care. Dont forget you both are very tired, Bubi may just be resting and he needs to rest to get his strength back. What horrible timing for you to have to leave. We are praying for Bubi. Will you be able to check on him while you are gone by phone?

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Okay so the xray tech said his lungs looked clear but the vet said she heard something when she listened? Did she flush his nares with a sterile saline solution in case something was stuck up in there?

Ginger

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Thanks for the update Anchi. I will keep your little guy in my thoughts and prayers. :hug5:

Status
Not open for further replies.