• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie has an aggressive personality, can he still live with another budgie?

Saya

Meeting neighbors
My bird (as far as i know) has had an aggressive personality since birth. He pecks at the other birds feet, chases him, and occasional pecking. I don't think he really knows that he's being mean to the other bird, so can they still live together in a single cage? I've been supervising their outside the cage play time and it's slightly aggressive so i'm not sure if i should let them live together?

GCC_Quijote

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Hannah Mosqueda
I wouldn't.
If your bird was just aggressive to most other birds, but this one was an exception... then maybe.
If he's already aggressive outside of the cage, though, I can't see that keeping them in the same cage would be a good idea.

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
To be safe it would probably be best to keep them caged separate. Since this budgie is more aggressive then others it's best to be on the safe side and let him interact with other birds under supervision.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I agree with not caging together. It would not be right to make the other bird live in fear in his own home and he could end up hurt.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Best to keep them caged separately. An aggressive bird = injuries and maybe even worse. Leave them out together when you can closely supervise.