• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie died, are my other birds sick as well?

Niya456

Moving in
Real Name
Cynia
I think my budgie just had a stroke/ seizure and sadly passed. I'm not sure how long he's been sick. I just know yesterday and today he was definitely acting different.

is my other budgie and cockatiel at risk? Will they soon pass as well? Please help! How do i keep my last two birds alive and healthy?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I think my budgie just had a stroke/ seizure and sadly passed. I'm not sure how long he's been sick. I just know yesterday and today he was definitely acting different.

is my other budgie and cockatiel at risk? Will they soon pass as well? Please help! How do i keep my last two birds alive and healthy?
I'm sorry to hear about your budgie.

The only way to know for sure would be a vet visit. How are they acting? Were they all caged together?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I'm sorry for your loss.

When creatures pass they go through something that looks like seizures...but really isn't it's just part of the process.

Birds hide illnesses, until it's advanced and they can't any longer. Sometimes even they hide it so well , there just gone. It's why we have to take any symptoms seriously, and seek veterinarian care.

It's impossible for me to know the cause it the risk to your remaining sweeties. It's best to have them checked by a vet. To monitor their weight daily for a few weeks to see if any drop in weight, as one of the tools that can help us sometimes pick stuff up earlier. Then a practice of weekly weigh in and log. Doing this has helped me many times pick up health issues early.

Niya456

Moving in
Real Name
Cynia
I'm sorry for your loss.

When creatures pass they go through something that looks like seizures...but really isn't it's just part of the process.

Birds hide illnesses, until it's advanced and they can't any longer. Sometimes even they hide it so well , there just gone. It's why we have to take any symptoms seriously, and seek veterinarian care.

It's impossible for me to know the cause it the risk to your remaining sweeties. It's best to have them checked by a vet. To monitor their weight daily for a few weeks to see if any drop in weight, as one of the tools that can help us sometimes pick stuff up earlier. Then a practice of weekly weigh in and log. Doing this has helped me many times pick up health issues early.
Thank you so much

Niya456

Moving in
Real Name
Cynia
I'm sorry to hear about your budgie.

The only way to know for sure would be a vet visit. How are they acting? Were they all caged together?
Yea they were all caged together, and spent all their time out the cage together. My other budgie has been puffed up as well so I'm very scared. My cockatiel seems fine I think. Thank you, I'll get to a vet

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I would call an avian vet right away and see if you can get an appointment as soon as possible for your other birds but especially for the fluffed up one.

Niya456

Moving in
Real Name
Cynia
I would call an avian vet right away and see if you can get an appointment as soon as possible for your other birds but especially for the fluffed up one.
Looking up a vet right now thank you