• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My blind parakeet Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy_in_VT

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kurt
I adopted Bob and his cage mate Chole from the store where I work. He was born blind. When we found out he was blind we put him and the bird he seemed to like best in their own cage. At the time I already had 7 birds and I really didnt want anymore but one day Chole got out of the cage at work and it took us two days to catch her( the store is about the size of a supermarket) and poor Bob called out for her the whole time so I promised Bob that when we caught Chole I would adopt both of them. It's funny now that they have been together for a while they could care less about each other.
Such a cute baby! It's funny you mention the helper bird. Our Basil (a BCC) had a Sun who helped him adapt when he was a fledgling but once he/she matured (we don't know the sex), he dropped Ellie (the Sun) like a bad habit and it bonded heavily with our 2nd BCC. They are inseparable and Basil guards Jersey like a helicopter parent!

lolajenday

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Robyn
Such a cute baby! It's funny you mention the helper bird. Our Basil (a BCC) had a Sun who helped him adapt when he was a fledgling but once he/she matured (we don't know the sex), he dropped Ellie (the Sun) like a bad habit and it bonded heavily with our 2nd BCC. They are inseparable and Basil guards Jersey like a helicopter parent!
For the most part they ignore each other. If Chloe had her way she would live with the cockatiels. She loves their cage, food and toys. When Bob's out he just likes to hang out with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzaleaMist

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
Awww he is so precious:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.