• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My bird trying to mate with my foot?

Meagan King

Meeting neighbors
So my cockatiel Romeo had been puffing up and snuggling his whole body all over my neck and head, though he’s stopped this not too long ago. He doesn’t do it much now, especially since I learned it could have been of sexual nature, and I always moved him away when he did this.

However now he’s trying to masturbate on my foot.

He loves feet, loves to sing at them, peck at them, sit on them, it’s easily his favorite thing in the world beside bananas and phone screens I think.

I noticed for the past week or so that he would pace around on my toes a little bit, like he was trying to get comfortable or something. He’d fluff up, and once he was comfortable, he’d press his vent against my foot/toes. At this point I’d move him away immediately or adjust my foot so his vent wouldn’t touch. So far he hasn’t actually masturbated on my foot, as I keep shutting him down.

I’m not really sure how to get him to stop, because I really don’t want him to become sexually frustrated. Any tips on how to help would be much appreciated!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
I would try to redirect the behavior as much as possible, so whenever he gets even close to your feet, pick him up and put him in a play area and give him something to do. Summer time is "romance time" for birds and they don't need any encouragement! On the bright side, it sounds like you have very sexy toes from a cockatiels' perspective! ;-) Hopefully others will chime in with more suggestions. :)