• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My bird needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigatoni1

Checking out the neighborhood
can u help me i have a sick bird and i do not know how to post

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Re: RIP Brittany Murphy

OK Rigatoni - I'm here and paying attention. What do you need? What makes you think your bird is sick?
ML

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Re: RIP Brittany Murphy

Are you still there rigatoni? Please let us know what the problem is - we will try to help. You can post here for now and your post can be move to the bird health forum later.
ML

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
You need to set up a hospital cage. Tent 3 sides and the top and put a heating pad on low under one half.

Move all your perches and food low or on the floor so that your bird does not need to expend energy trying to get around.

Two of the most important things are heat and hydration. If you have any clear pedylite you can mix it in his water 50/50.

If your bird is sick you will need to get him to the vet tomorrow ASAP. Do you have a vet or can we help you locate one?

Tell us where your at. Just city/state/country.

Ginger

jodeg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jo Anne
Very strange post -- wonder if this is for real. The person says they don' know how to post IN a post! I'm skeptical!

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
Very strange post -- wonder if this is for real. The person says they don' know how to post IN a post! I'm skeptical!
I think they didn't know how to start a thread. They stayed on the Brittany Murphy for a long time but didn't respond to our answers... :confused: I PMd him, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.