• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My bird is dying .. I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ood 6irl

Moving in
I’m obliged to you for your kindness, and there are no words to show you my appreciation.
I will pass by the hospital this morning to meet the doctor and to see my baby.

I will keep you updated

A million thanks to all of you :heart:

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
We are pulling for your baby.
You are doing all you can. I will say
a prayer for him. I know how much I
love my grey, I understand.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
Thanks for the update
Many thanks to gayla that you were able to find an avian vet and take mato in time
hope he pull thru
will be praying for him
:hug8:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for the update :) I am glad this vet was able to find out what was wrong and knows what needs to be done to help him. Many prayers and good thoughts that your boy makes a full recovery :hug8:

yvette

Real Name
Yvette
You are in my thoughts, and prayers. Hope he gets well quickly!

Great work to all of you guys that were quick to help! This board is great and you deserve a big pat on the back! Way to go :)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Thank you for taking the time to give us an update. Glad that the vet found what was wrong and that the proper treatment is being administered. Prayers coming that your baby pulls through.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
So glad you found out what was wrong, praying for him

Last edited:

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Just checking in hoping for another update, when you get the chance
:hug8:

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Hope all is well with the little grey!

deehayston

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee Hayston
Oh lord..I hope you will find another vet immediately a complete blood panel must be done and even perhaps hydration and being handfed high protein/complex formula...
Please hurray...Full blood panel and ALSO please have your vet do a "THREE DAY TEST" for GIARDIA...not one dropping but three; one each day for three days..
Please keep us updated!!!
Dee and her flock praying for you all!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Dee, thank goodness, she did find another vet, with the help of an AA member, Gayla, and her grey is hospitalized now.
Oh lord..I hope you will find another vet immediately a complete blood panel must be done and even perhaps hydration and being handfed high protein/complex formula...
Please hurray...Full blood panel and ALSO please have your vet do a "THREE DAY TEST" for GIARDIA...not one dropping but three; one each day for three days..
Please keep us updated!!!
Dee and her flock praying for you all!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
See post 39, her bird was diagnosed with what was wrong.

deehayston

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dee Hayston
OH DANITA>..how wonderful...if anyone speaks with her and they are not finding the problem would anyone who is close to her please ask her to mention to her vet, the three day Giardia test? Sure would appreciate it as these symptoms are often experienced at the early onset of a serious Gidardia infection which can be controlled and even cured in most cases!!
Thank you so much for the update.
Dee

6ood 6irl

Moving in
Hello everybody

Thanks all for your concern and sorry for being late to update you with what happened lately.

I went to the hospital to see my bird "Mato", he was better than when he was at home BUT he is still not that good:(. In other words, his body is still shaking and he is not eating by himself till now. The vet told me that they still force him to eat as well as drink.

Mato suffers from other problems:
1. An organ in the immune system (I forgot the name of that organ) is enlarged; which is not normal.
2. The white blood cells are infected ( the cause is a virus)
3. Still very anemic despite the tries of helping red blood cells to reproduce

Mato is under medications and antibiotics >> However, the good results are not shown yet in the last blood test which was done today. His body is not responding to the medications.

The vet suggested that it is better to take a sample from the liver in order to test it. He added that it would be very expensive since they have to send that liver sample to South Africa because birds' hospitals in Dubai do not make such a kind of test.

:sad10:

Last edited:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
If Mato has some liver issues, can you ask your vet if he is familiar with using herbs, such as Milk Thistle? Also Aloe Detox is very good to rid the body of toxins. I would ask him if he has ever used either of these items. I hope Mato can beat this problem. Continued prayers coming your way.

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
O poor thing. Do you know which virus caused it?

Status
Not open for further replies.