• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My bird has a Chia seed in it's nose HELP!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Kevin? He had another name for some days ago..

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kevin? He had another name for some days ago..
Yeah, I think it was Hassan or something of that nature. I noticed the change as well, I just kept it to myself

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
You're right if you go back to P.1 you can double-check it. Went through this whole thread and have only found Kevin for Maxie.

Last edited:

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Yes. I also noticed that he changed it.
Oh I never noticed... I’m kinda oblivious to those things :cool: I hope his bird is okay, and the vet got the seed out. Keoki has his first vet visit tomorrow. So looking forward to it. He’s getting a pedicure too :dance5: my hand looks like a pin cushion. He’s so cute, he makes kissy sounds now, and says “wake up, wake up, wake up” whenever he wants attention.:heart: He and Gary sure do some posturing at each other from across the room. I’d hate to see what would happen if they ever got face to face. Maybe it’s a guy thing. Well oof to get ready for work.. I will check in here later and see if there are any updates on Kevin’s bird. HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY, EVERYONE! :rockon:

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
. He’s so cute, he makes kissy sounds now, and says “wake up, wake up, wake up” whenever he wants attention.:heart:
Waffle will do that now if I hold her up to my face. She showed off when we took her to be boarded for Thanksgiving. Best wishes at the vet!!

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie

I know! It's so stupid Laurie. :facepalm::laugh: He literally grabs my finger and pushes my finger to my face. I say "Oh, you want me to suck your nare?" I'm supposed to keep my finger in his beak and suck his nare. :wacky: I'm aware of how stupid it sounds. :rolleyes:
hahaha! You take your games to a whole new level!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Been following the "Days of Our lives"... the saga of the nare seed. So far I've learned @Macawnutz sucks on Korbels nares, @Hankmacaw wouldn't sacrifice her lips if Volar was in deep doo doo with a blocked nare.. using tweezers to pluck a tiny seed from a tiny nostril is a bad idea .... who knew so many birds would get 'stuff' in those nose holes! ... @meheartbirds knows first hand and has photo proof... thanks for sharing! Keoki is cute making kissy sounds and says wake up, Waffle does kissies too!

So.. Kev.... hows Maxie doing?

MaxieTheBirdie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kevin Dolby
Hey guys!
My gratitude is eternal to every and each one of you.
I don't know where I would be without Y'all...
I am sorry for being offline for quite a while.
I have been spending time with my feathered friend he is doing okay I put him up in my room to get some rest pictures coming soon!
and about my name change I first started out with Hassan because I didn't feel comfortable putting my real name after a while I opened up and changed it to my real name, Kevin Dolby :) :hug8::):D:dance5:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yes please post a pic of his nostril. I’m glad the vet had that tool!
I hope too that you kept the seed that was lodged in his nostril. It would be interesting to see the shape and how it made it's way to getting stuck.