• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My bird got stuck in a fly trap and i gave them baths and they rly font seem well

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
my baby conure got stuck in those fly trap my parents putted around and they had glie everywere so i have them 2 baths after the baths they seem alot weaker and theyre eyes is twitching should i wait and see what so i do ?

Attachments

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd be going to an emergency vet asap. Fly traps have all sorts of chemicals in them in addition to the stickiness it's self effecting them negatively by irritating their skin and possibly even causing tears in the skin from the trap ripping it.
Also as far as I know Dawn dish soap is the only soap that's proven to be safe on birds,so that's also extremely concerning that that's now on their skin as well. Please get to a vet as soon as you can for supportive care. They can crash and go downhill so quickly from incidents like this. Please keep us updated and ill be thinking good thoughts for your little one.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
How is your bird doing @blXndglXss ? Have you managed to remove the glue from your birds feathers?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I hope the birds recover and this never happens again.

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
How is your bird doing @blXndglXss ? Have you managed to remove the glue from your birds feathers?
yes most of it is remouved and they have been brought to a vet they got a small checkup putted into a oxygen warmed incubator and they have a breathing antibiotic to help i will be remoiuving the excess glue with a wet towel this time and theyre energy is back and they screaming again hope theyll forgivng me for thos ebaths and giving them antibiotics