• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my bird flies really bad and navigates wrong

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
i have a conure and he was from a pretty... unorganised household. since ive had him hes been flying barely and flies crookedly and slow . its been bothering me for months yes he is young but the one who was litterally cliped befaure i had my second bird flys 5 times better , since he barely flies hes a very good climber. hes a cuddlebug and i love him and im worried for him should i flight train him or check the vet?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
How old is he ?

remi and pip flew weirdly for a while as babies pip still does a little

I would maybe get a vet check
But you can start recalling training see if actively getting him flying makes him better at it

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
How old is he ?

remi and pip flew weirdly for a while as babies pip still does a little

I would maybe get a vet check
But you can start recalling training see if actively getting him flying makes him better at it
Ive gonnent him this summer so around 7 months i may try to encourage flight training maybe its just because his muscles are weak he doesnt seem to show any pain

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Does he have all his flight feathers in on both sides ?

Birds are individuals in learning to fly if they are clipped before fledging, or kept clipped a long time. Some can pick it up fast , some take much longer .

Crooked...mmm.csn you make a private YouTube and link here so we can see flying?

Weakness when flying can be linked with a health issue. Vet checks are always a good idea.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Check the wing feathers. Lots of breeders will cut flight feathers before selling as do pet shops.