1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My bird doesn’t look too good

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by pup, 5/28/18.

1. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

I didn't know that either. The modified one is for veterinary use and there's a small animal one, too. Didn't know that they were used with birds.

2. enigma731

enigma731 Sprinting down the street

Yeah...in looking at it, I don't know why it WOULDN'T be valid for birds? Still seems like kind of an odd choice for an animal at a relatively normal level of arousal.

3. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Well, you did the right thing & you can relax a bit but be watchful as don;t know what she looked at for an hour but the bill was not too bad but should have included a crop & vent swab at min just saying...

Hankmacaw likes this.
  4. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Used as a reference measure and maybe a means for that vet to say here's a score/number and this is what it means instead of just saying that based on physical exam your bird looks OK.
    I don't believe the bird was presenting with any neurological issues. :think1:

5. Shezbug

Shezbug Sprinting down the street

I am so happy that you got some help with the situation, thanks for letting us know. The members here are all giving you good advice, I hope all works out well for you both.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)