1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My best friend.

Discussion in 'Bark Park' started by JLcribber, 12/28/16.

1. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    When I took this picture it made me think how something comes into your life that you never expected. Never really thought about or even wanted and how it has become part of you. Something you would be hard pressed to live without now. :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

Alien J, Jeddy, DQTimnehs and 28 others like this.
  2. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

My brother in law used to wonder at the love I had for my dog. He never understood how I could let that dirty animal in my home.

Then one day he ended up with a boxer pup.

He called me later that year apologizing for his earlier thoughts.....he now can't imagine not having that dog on his couch.

You never understand til it happens.

3. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John

You just don't know what you don't know. Until you know. :D

4. Greycloud

Greycloud Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I remember how unsure you were in the beginning. It is very heartwarming to see the bond you now have!

AzaleaMist, Ankou, SandraK and 2 others like this.
  5. JLcribber

John
    I was very lucky to get a tremendous dog from a man (FIL Roy who I loved) who did a fantastic job of raising and training him. I can take this dog anywhere without a leash because he's so darn smart and well behaved. He knows hand signals. Takes commands with just a look or head movement. He knows me better than I know me.

6. Greycloud

Greycloud Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

You have found, what we call, Your heart dog!

7. WendyN

WendyN Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Wendy
    :heart:

JLcribber likes this.
  8. Clueless

Clueless Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

One dog in my life hit that level. Haven't had a dog since.....

Was actually considering another shepherd and then these two amazons moved in.

9. JLcribber

John
    Did I mention the 30 pounds I've lost since he has put me on a pretty strict regime. :lol:

On my second bike. Wore the last one out.
    IMG_3584.PNG

10. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Major is a very handsome boy. It's great that he found a wonderful home and you found another wonderful friend/companion.

AzaleaMist and JLcribber like this.
  11. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road

Diane
    Major is such a stud, and you can tell how smart he is just by the eyes.

My deceased dog Asia was like Major in that all I had to do was look at her and she knew what I was thinking and what to do.

:heart:

JLcribber and Laurul Feather Cat like this.
  12. FLmom

FLmom Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Linda
    Gorgeous dog he is!

So true how nobody actually gets it. I never gave birds a thought. Until that one day a too caught my eye and now I totally TOTALLY get it

13. txdyna65

txdyna65 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue

Kenny
    Handsome boy John

JLcribber likes this.
  14. StellaMacaw

StellaMacaw Walking the driveway

What a beautiful, lucky boy. They really do change your life. I admit to being very biased, having grown up with German Shepherd Dogs and having lived with my own Border Collie and GSDs, but there is nothing quite like the uncanny way that a shepherd dog learns to know his 'partner'. It is almost surreal at times, you are one of the lucky ones fortunate enough to know that kind of bond.

They are so darn quick and perceptive, it is amazing just how much they can learn to read us. It is usually easier for most dogs to be taught to follow hand/body signals over verbal 'commands' and with very visually perceptive dogs, like many shepherds, you might even have to watch what you are doing because you might un-intentionally teach them physical cues (even if ever so slight), sometimes quite easily, lol. In everyday life it doesn't really matter, but when judged in obedience, you have to watch out because you can get penalties for 'double commands', such as dipping a shoulder when you call the dog to heel, etc. You know, like movements you might be making by accident without even realizing that you are physically signaling the dog and oops, he responds even when you don't say a word (or give the proper signal), lol.

About him knowing you so well, saw this quote awhile back and thought you'd like it :)
    (Max v. S was the 'creator' of the GSD)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 12/28/16
  15. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Elaine
    Major is very handsome.

AzaleaMist likes this.
  16. JLcribber

John

Now you tell me. :lol:

As I said. He knows me better than I know me.

Do not even look at the treat cupboard unless you plan on going over there and come back with something.

17. alshgs

alshgs Rollerblading along the road

He's very handsome! I can't take my dogs anywhere without a leash :meh:. Nobody listens to my big mouth unless it involves the word "treat":blink:

Fritzgerald16 and JLcribber like this.
  18. Heather F

Heather F Rollerblading along the road

What a handsome fellow. :heart:

Animallover03 and JLcribber like this.
  19. Debbie

Debbie Walking the driveway

Debbie
    Handsome boy! I love the herding breeds...I have an Aussie and a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel. The Spaniel is a sweet girl..has never met a stranger...but my Aussie boy...so smart, such an in your face type of dog...if you close a door, when you open it, he will always be on the other side... It does sort of spoil one though because you expect all dog breeds to be that smart. I find the herding breeds so easy to train because most have that willingness to please you. It was a rude awakening for me when after having a Sheltie I got a Labrador....:) (this was many years ago, Sheltie was my first dog I had as an adult, he was a breeze to train, the Lab that came later, a whole different ball game!) Enjoy your boy everyday!

Animallover03 and JLcribber like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)