• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My beautiful girl Sweet Pea

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I lost my beautiful girl, Sweet Pea on Friday 2/1/19. She was only 4years old.
20180627_123750.jpg 20180805_121308.jpg
20181203_124942.jpg
20181217_135724.jpg
20190114_193415.jpg
Sweet Pea came to live with me on 11/26/14, the day before Thanksgiving, from @SandraK house. She rode all the way from IL with Sandra's friend Brian and his family. She came home to a super cage, a play stand, a boing,forging toys made, and waiting for her. She was such a sweetheart and a blessing. She loved to be held, snuggled, cuddled. She was super good eater of her breakfast and dinner every day. She was quick to learn, step up, back to your cage, step down, fly to me. She knew what a shake of the treat bucket meant.
She had many visits with the avian vet, until the clinic closed abruptly. Her last visit with a avian vet was not good. She was diagnosed with a hernia from laying too many eggs. I was told to keep her warm and hydrated. She received scripts for DMG and probiotices. I was taught to give her extra fluids with a syringe.
On Friday February 1, 2019 , she ate her breakfast and seemed to be doing a lot better. About 2:45pm, she was on the floor of her cage, panting hard. I put her into a small travel cage, called Access Veterinary Care, called my mom and we beat feet to Access. They had pre warmed a room for us. Sweet Pea was immediately rushed to a high oxygen, high humidity incubator in her cage. The tech took my record book of egg laying, foods she was fed, what I could remember for vet records, and copied them.
After what seemed to be forever, Dr Jenna came in to chat with us. Sweet Pea had a large rhinolith in her nares, that is what was causing her respiratory distress. Dr Jenna wanted information on the egg laying, how many in the last year? Thank god I had pictures of some of them on my phone. We chatted briefly about the rhinolith and what she was going to do. It was removed but the stress was too much. She passed away in Dr. Jenna's hands. Dr. Jenna was crying with me. We held each other up. We were allowed to stay in room as long as we needed too.
I'm still having to deal with my grief, l miss her so very much.
Wings forever high, my beautiful baby girl, fly straight and proud right over that beautiful rainbow. Hang out with Rocky and Tuffy. Go cuddle with my dad, he will know what treats you like. Snuggle with Anne, Sadieslady, Dolldid, they will enjoy your sweetness.
I will be there some day to love on you, rub under your chin and have you on my chest like the last picture above. Your favorite place to hang out.
I miss you my litte Sweet Pea. Love, mama
Thank you to all my AA family for your love, kindness and thoughts.

Last edited:

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I lost my beautiful girl, Sweet Pea on Friday 2/1/19. She was only 4years old.
View attachment 295805 View attachment 295806
View attachment 295810
View attachment 295811
View attachment 295812
Sweet Pea came to live with me on 11/26/14, the day before Thanksgiving, from @SandraK house. She rode all the way from IL with Sandra's friend Brian and his family. She came home to a super cage, a play stand, a boing,forging toys made, and waiting for her. She was such a sweetheart and a blessing. She loved to be held, snuggled, cuddled. She was super good eater of her breakfast and dinner every day. She was quick to learn, step up, back to your cage, step down, fly to me. She knew what a shake of the treat bucket meant.
She had many visits with the avian vet, until the clinic closed abruptly. Her last visit with a avian vet was not good. She was diagnosed with a hernia from laying too many eggs. I was told to keep her warm and hydrated. She received scripts for DMG and probiotices. I was taught to give her extra fluids with a syringe.
On Friday February 1, 2019 , she ate her breakfast and seemed to be doing a lot better. About 2:45pm, she was on the floor of her cage, panting hard. I put her into a small travel cage, called Access Veterinary Care, called my mom and we beat feet to Access. They had pre warmed a room for us. Sweet Pea was immediately rushed to a high oxygen, high humidity incubator in her cage. The tech took my record book of egg laying, foods she was fed, what I could remember for vet records, and copied them.
After what seemed to be forever, Dr Jenna came in to chat with us. Sweet Pea had a large rhinolith in her nares, that is what was causing her respiratory distress. Dr Jenna wanted information on the egg laying, how many in the last year? Thank god I had pictures of some of them on my phone. We chatted briefly about the rhinolith and what she was going to do. It was removed but the stress was too much. She passed away in Dr. Jenna's hands. Dr. Jenna was crying with me. We held each other up. We were allowed to stay in room as long as we needed too.
I'm still having to deal with my grief, l miss her so very much.
Wings forever high, my beautiful baby girl, fly straight and proud right over that beautiful rainbow. Hang out with Rocky and Tuffy. Go cuddle with my dad, he will know what treats you like. Snuggle with Anne, Sadieslady, Dolldid, they will enjoy your sweetness.
I will be there some day to love on you, rub under your chin and have you on my chest like the last picture above. Your favorite place to hang out.
I miss you my litte Sweet Pea. Love, mama
Thank you to all my AA family for your love, kindness and thoughts.

So sorry
:sad1::sorrow:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so very sorry for your loss

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am so sorry.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss if Sweet Pea. I’ve been thinking about you so much since Friday, and know how heartbroken you must be. :sad1: You were wonderful with Sweet Pea and did everything you could to make her happy and healthy. I know she had a good life with you, albeit way too short. My heart aches for you.:sadhug2: Fly high little Sweet Pea.:sorrow:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a beautiful tribute. I had no idea she was only four; that's so unfair. :( I thought the two of you had been together for ages. She sounds like she was an amazing girl. :sadhug:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So sorry.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
:sadhug: I'm so sorry Laurie.

Say Hi to little Beeper, Sweet Pea. Be a good girl.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear of Sweet Pea's passing :sorrow:
That was a very touching tribute, I am bawling my eyes out for your loss of your little Sweet Pea :sadhug2::sadhug2:

I hope your pain is soon lessened and hastily replaced with nothing but the loving memories you have of your girl and a few smiles for the loving sweet past times you shared with her.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you and your family, Laurie.

Losing a family member is never easy.

Que descanse en paz, Amorcito ❤

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry to hear about Sweet Pea. I know how hard you fought for her and you gave her the best possible care. You were the best and most loving mama a little bird could wish for.

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
I am so sorry to hear, Laurie. It's never easy. I hope your wonderful memories of Sweet Pea can provide a measure of comfort during such a sad time. I cried for days after losing my first cockatiel, Tilly (who actually looked just like your Sweet Pea). I'd like to think that they're now playing together and flying free, having fun and chirping away!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
My heart breaks for you, Laurie. I too remember when you got her and I was so happy for you. She's now flying high and free with all of our ones who were lost.

Grieve, as you must, but remember the joy she brought you too.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:sorrow:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My heart grieves with you. I'm so very sorry, Laurie. Sending you a big virtual hug :sorrow: