• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My baby passed

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I'm so sorry for your loss

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss of Remmy.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:sadhug: I'm so sorry.
Eat all the fruit your heart desires. Pick out the safflower seeds and ignore your pellets.
:yes3: I'll bet he's doing just that right now! :bluhug:

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
:sadhug2:
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Fly high, Remmy.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is when you lose one you have bonded with for a long time. They roost in our hearts and when they fly over the Rainbow bridge it leaves a void. No bird will ever take his place but in time there will be other birds who will be there knowing what a good soul you are.

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry for your loss.

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply to all of y'all. I just started a new job and with that, family issues and Remmy's passing...I've been emotionally and physically swamped. All of your kind words mean so much to me. It's hard to find people in my none online presence that understand how painful the loss of a bird is. To them they are 'replaceable' 'pets.' It can be quite frustrating. Today, as I was cleaning up the bird room (aka my bedroom which has long ago been taken over), the song "Supermarket Flowers" by Ed Shearen came on my spodify playlist...If you've hear that song you might get why I absolutely burst into tears. I sat down on my bed, and my Goffin's, Frankie, flew onto my knee. she nuzzled into my arm and did something she hasn't in months, she started making baby bird noises. She wouldn't stop cuddling up to me, crying quietly herself, and it really reminded me that not only am I not the only one feeling his loss, but birds are so, so in tune to you. I have no doubt in my mind that she was trying to comfort me. That she felt my pain and held that with me. I feel so lucky to have her, and Sam, and am so lucky I got to know and care for Rem for as long as I did. Anyway, sorry for another rant, writing is how I process things, and having a place to share my thoughts has been very helpful. Thank you all again. <3

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I am sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts. I lost two within months. And both times it was an accident, and I still blame myself. I adopted two baby GCC since and they are thriving with our older GCC. If you can, find another. He will never replace the sweet one you lost, but he can help fill those lonely moments. God bless you.

Snowghost

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
I am truly sorry for your loss. I had to make the decision to put down my White Front Amazon 4 months ago. I almost broke me in two. It is true that people that don't have birds don't understand the bond you have with them. I had Bugsy for 25 years. I still tear up. The guy in my profile pic is my new buddy Paco. I still grieve but he helps and I worry something will happen to him sometimes. I found this group when Bugsy was ill and when she passed. I cannot say enough about the good, kind and supportive people here. Please rant away. It helps. Hugs!

Greekmom1993

Moving in
Real Name
Sandy
I lost Bentley in May and it still hurts, but I am so grateful for the time I had with him. I am so sorry for your loss of Remmy! You will see him againi!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
upload_2019-7-24_22-9-24.png :sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Sorry for your loss Remmy is smoking down on you for sharing these memories.
So glad you have your other birds for comfort, and they have you :heart:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
When they make you earn it the hard way it hurts even more when they leave...:sadhug: