• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My baby is turning 10!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
On the 27th, my baby Tink will be turning 10! I remember the day we got her, she was the runt of a litter of 12. He parents were huge, like the german rotts. THe family who had her also had a pit bull who was real mean (I know pits are generally pretty nice) and ended up attacking the mailman and being put down a few years later (it was in the paper).

I remember, as my dad was signing the papers and everything, watching the family's kids hitting her, and her cowering in fear. These kids were older than I was at the time, and even I knew better! We paid the 200$ and left. She rode home sitting in my lap.

She didn't know how to eat, we had to teach her. She didn't understand how to eat biscuits until she was 5. She wouldn't let me touch her paws until she was 5 either, now giving shakes is her favorite thing in the whole world. She has run of the house, she has a crate full of toys, the couch is all hers.

I think she's living the good life.

We've gotten her a couple of squeaky toys (she loves those!), a rope toy, some dentastix, a couple other treats, and a can of dog food (she eats dry usually). My dad will make her some eggs in the morning, and I'll make sure my dinner is something I can share with her, maybe porkchops. Of course, she doesn't understand all that is in the very yummy smelling paper bag on the dining room table!

So just a few days until we have a very happy Tink!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Happy birthday Tink. I am so glad you found a good loving home.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Happy Birthday Tink! What kind of dog is she? We just lost our chihuahua last week at 17 years old, her companion is still going at 17 as well Dogs really are the best

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Happy Birthday, Tink!
:fairy2:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes! I'll be sure to let her know!
Happy Birthday Tink! What kind of dog is she? We just lost our chihuahua last week at 17 years old, her companion is still going at 17 as well Dogs really are the best
She's a Rottweiler! Generally, they live between 8 and 13 y/o, but we lost our previous rottie at 8, and the rott my dad had before that was at 15, so it all depends. She's still very active and healthy, aside from a little bit of doggy arthritis. A lot of people say rotties are mean, but I grew up with a rottie and an english springer spaniel, and I turned out fine! If you treat them right, they're just big babies. (See example: Tink!)

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes! I'll be sure to let her know!

She's a Rottweiler! Generally, they live between 8 and 13 y/o, but we lost our previous rottie at 8, and the rott my dad had before that was at 15, so it all depends. She's still very active and healthy, aside from a little bit of doggy arthritis. A lot of people say rotties are mean, but I grew up with a rottie and an english springer spaniel, and I turned out fine! If you treat them right, they're just big babies. (See example: Tink!)
I love Rotties, the ones I have met have been huge sweethearts. It sucks when bad breeders/owners don't treat or train their dogs right and it gives them a bad rep. Post a picture of tink!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I made her 2 new toys last night, using a couple of old t-shirts and tennis balls! She'll be getting them on her birthday.

Here are some pictures from a couple of months ago!

A sneaky wink while I'm holding her paw

I caught her in the middle of yawning!

This is her "What are you doing now?" face. She pulls this one a lot.

She heard my dad moving around downstairs, and he is her favorite human!

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Happy Borkday to Tink!!! She's a very beautiful gal! Please give her hugs and kisses for me!:heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a pretty dog.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Happy birthday Tink! She is so pretty

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Happy birthday Tink! She is so pretty
Thank you!

e
I think she liked her presents! She loves dentastix, and she liked those Cesar's treats (even thought they say they're for dogs 5 lbs and under!) She's gonna be getting the canned food later.