• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My Axolotls

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ah I love them, they look so silly and cute:heart:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
They are very silly and cute! But, they are also very smart. Nessie is like a dog, always coming up to me to greet me (well, and get food) :laughin:
Aah so cute!! They must loove food:D I had a salamander(Harry potter:rofl:) when I was younger, and each night when I went to bed(different times each nicht) he would Come to my Side of his tank to say goodnight! :)

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
So cool!!

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
They really are! They're both soooo cute but Nessie is my favorite. Shhhh, don't tell Draakie!

Do you feed them earth worms?
Yeah... Well... I shouldn't have favourites... But Nessie was my first axolotl and he is definitely more friendly to me!
Also, yes, I do feed them earth worms when I have them. The other food I feed them is frozen food and when I have it available, salmon or mince.

OllieTheConure

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elise
Nice to see somekne else with axolotls! I have two (Bubbles and Mushi) They are super cool pets to have!:p

Harleyandme

Nice to see somekne else with axolotls! I have two (Bubbles and Mushi) They are super cool pets to have!:p
Oh you have axolotls? Their names are so adorable! They really are cool pets to have, more interactive than your average fish.
I see you have a bearded dragon (I love them!!). I would really like a lizard, probably a beardie or a blue tongued skink. What do you think?

OllieTheConure

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elise
Oh you have axolotls? Their names are so adorable! They really are cool pets to have, more interactive than your average fish.
I see you have a bearded dragon (I love them!!). I would really like a lizard, probably a beardie or a blue tongued skink. What do you think?
Yes lizards make awesome pets! :p I also want a blue tongue skink! Personality wise, both are very chill, laid back friendly lizards, they also require similar cage setups. However, if you are squeamish about bugs do not get a beardie! :roflmao: (Ours gets dubia roaches along with his greens every morning) So the plus to blue tongue skinks is no bugs are necessary, but bearded dragons are generally more common to find. So it really depends on you! I also have a crested gecko, I personally find her lower maintenance (no heat bulb/ UV bulb necessary, less cage cleaning, easier to feed, etc) but she is more jumpy and skittish. What I love about crested geckos is that when you hold them they are soft, almost like velvet!:laugh: Long story short, yes I love having pet lizards!

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
They are so cool! The place where I board Bella has all kinds of reptiles. They are interesting but Bella is enough for me.

OllieTheConure

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elise
They are so cool! The place where I board Bella has all kinds of reptiles. They are interesting but Bella is enough for me.
Yes I love all my pets but I will say that parrots take up a lot more time and attention than most reptiles and amphibians! :hilarious:

Harleyandme

Yes lizards make awesome pets! :p I also want a blue tongue skink! Personality wise, both are very chill, laid back friendly lizards, they also require similar cage setups. However, if you are squeamish about bugs do not get a beardie! :roflmao: (Ours gets dubia roaches along with his greens every morning) So the plus to blue tongue skinks is no bugs are necessary, but bearded dragons are generally more common to find. So it really depends on you! I also have a crested gecko, I personally find her lower maintenance (no heat bulb/ UV bulb necessary, less cage cleaning, easier to feed, etc) but she is more jumpy and skittish. What I love about crested geckos is that when you hold them they are soft, almost like velvet!:laugh: Long story short, yes I love having pet lizards!
Yes! I love lizards so much! They are very unique pets, much like birds. Beardies are always in our pet stores, but online there are possibly more Blue tongued skink breeders in NZ and more closer to my area. I love both of them but the look of Beardies are definitely more my style, even though I adore Blue tongue's.

Harleyandme

Aah so cute!! They must loove food:D I had a salamander(Harry potter:rofl:) when I was younger, and each night when I went to bed(different times each nicht) he would Come to my Side of his tank to say goodnight! :)
Aww that is adorable! My axolotls don't eat all the time, but when they do, they eat A LOT!