• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Awesome Milestone & we're @1,000 Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
1,000 posts? There must be something addicting in here. Who could have imagined that I would one day be addicted to a parrot forum. I didn't imagine being addicted to PinkDanteParrot in the first place, let alone a forum. I love it here. Honestly though, you wanna know what I think my awesome milestone is? I hope you don't mind me typing it even if it's long a little, but I feel thankful so I gotta say it. It isn't the number of posts I posted (whether 100 or 1,000). I think that the biggest most awesome milestone of mine here in AA is the amount of knowledge I've learned so far that helped and still helps me and family take care of Mr Pink as we had zero experience in parrot care (Dante is our first with not much of research).

My pink friend was NOT a creature that I saw in advance, but he entered my home and my heart. I didn't know that a pink clown existed until I met him :swoon:

There was just so much in his world that we did not understand, know or were informed of. So much we were missing out, and honestly, until I accidentally found you guys as I was googling Galah's body language. I was so interested in learning about his body language because animal behavior interests me. I enjoy observing them and always wonder what do they mean by this and that. Came here to realize that we were missing many more information about parrots.

It might sound like basic information about pet parrot care for many here, but honestly, we were clueless about them. Not anymore though and I am so thankful to you all @AA:hug8:

Important things like....
- Parrot Diet: Dante was in a full seed diet; mainly sunflower seeds :eek: it scares me now when I think about how serious this could be if we continued with it as some limited number of fruit and veggie were very little. somedays we gave him , others we did not. He had Sunflower seed mainly though because he loved them the most. After joining AA, we took the big step to pallet diet, much more fruit and veggie with a few new ones included AND finally Bountiful Harvest - mixing it with his Harrison's pallets - starting yesterday

(no more sunflower seeds). Just makes me happy when I look at him and KNOW that he is now safe with his diet :heart: Thank you for being helpful at answering my food related questions.

- Parrot showers/baths: If not for AA, Dante would not have them. We didn't think of dust and didn't have a clue that our pink friend is crazy about water. This was the very first time that I found out about his reaction...

Now, he has proper showers and baths in his kitchen tray and totally enjoy them ^_^

- CBC test: we didn't know about this and once I read it up, we decided to change his vet to a much better avian vet who did more than this test for Dante. We also got the confirmation that Pink bird is a boy :D

- Molt and flight feathers: honestly, the theory that we (family and I) had for some strange reason is that a pet parrot must be clipped. I guess it has to do with him coming to us clipped in the first place and we didn't *see* the point from flying while he isn't living in the wild. Well, now after I did some readings here about the benefits of each (clipped and flighted), our personal choice of what will suite us the most is for Dante to have his flight feathers.

- Keeping records of Dante's weight: We started this only yesterday and going to do it once a week because I learned that it is one important tool for his health's sake (I didn't know that birds don't necessary show the sign that something is wrong in them at first. You can know that quicker if you weighed them). Dante now has his very own scale.

I DO feel thankful to you all. Thank you for helping us become better parrot family to Dante de Rose :giveme5: and for that I celebrate :starshower:

oh and did I tell you that AA also taught me and is still teaching me about the different bird species? I remember when I first joined, all I knew about was a little about the galah info in general (a lot about Dante himself though as I grew a cute bond with my pink friend). BUT there is again a lot to learn. I love ALL the different species that I am learning about here, ESPECIALLY these:

:gal2: (uh oh, that looks like Dante, but I gotta admit, his species is addicting to me:p and the more I learn, the more I see, the more I love).
:goffin:
:bhc::wbc:
:quakerb:
:sun::gcc:
:tiel5:
:pletb:
:wflb::bml:

I love all other species as they all are beautiful and precious creatures, but the above are my maybe one day. For now though, Dante is keeping us busy enough. Plus, I love the bond that I built with him :swoon:

I will continue to learn I am sure. Thank you so much for being awesome here:hug8:

Last edited by a moderator:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on 1,000 posts!

Matt

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Big congrats to 1,000 posts and all the knowledge you've learned already! :bounce7: I still learn a lot of new things from AA that is always helping me be a better Diva parront. It's a great feeling, isn't it! :dancing:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congrats on the 1000 posts and I loved your tribute to AA.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
congrats and thanks for being on the avenue this is what it is all about:hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
:highfive: Way to go you!! For your 1000 posts and for all you and your family have taken in and applied to your lives with Dante!!

That's great!!! :dance4:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Congratulations!!

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Congratulations on 1,000 posts!

Every day there is something new to learn
:reading::sleeping3:As Elaine said, what a beautiful tribute to AA!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
c ongratulations..and yes, AA is addicting...full of knowledge and wonderful people..

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you, guys :)

May I add this birdie "blue crown conure" too in my list? ... I blame Ralphie for it:swoon:

I still learn a lot of new things from AA that is always helping me be a better Diva parront. It's a great feeling, isn't it! :dancing:
It's the coolest feeling :dancing:

I loved your tribute to AA.
I really feel blessed to have found AA :)

this is what it is all about:hug8:
Yeah and I love it ^_^

and for all you and your family have taken in and applied to your lives with Dante!!
:heart:

Every day there is something new to learn
:reading::sleeping3:As Elaine said, what a beautiful tribute to AA!
I agree April :) and awwh I really am happy that I came across AA ^_^

AA is addicting...full of knowledge and wonderful people..
So true!

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Congrats :)

Lets race to 10,000?! ;)

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:

Bring it on :laughing12:

:dance4:Ready...Set...GO!!!!
Uh ohhh!

Plus hubby is getting deployed in two weeks and will be gone for the next 9 months, I may have an unfair advantage ;)

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

Uh ohhh!

Plus hubby is getting deployed in two weeks and will be gone for the next 9 months, I may have an unfair advantage ;)
Ok I will consider that ;) and try to slow down for you by then :hehe:

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Looks like the forum is going to end up with Ralphie and Dante pictures and brags all the time ;) hahahahaha

If we make it to 10,000 too quick it may look bad haha.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats! And you can post Dante (and Ralphie) pics to your hearts content! :D I just love your little Too. :)

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like the forum is going to end up with Ralphie and Dante pictures and brags all the time ;) hahahahaha
If we make it to 10,000 too quick it may look bad haha.
:lol: I can imagine - Ralphie & Dante EVERYWHERE in AA!!!! I don't think I will EVER get bored from the "Here Kitty kitty kitty kitty" boy of yours :swoon: so do post as much as you can about him. I enjoy reading and seeing him:dance4:

I have to tell you, I already feel that I go non stop typing about de Rose here:o: I can't help it as I love him so much. after all, I only have one to give him all :heart:

psst, and Becky (bellow quote) is giving us the approval of reaching 10,000 with the two cute pies stories and pix/vids :bounce4:

Congrats! And you can post Dante (and Ralphie) pics to your hearts content! :D I just love your little Too. :)
awwh thanks:hug8:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I have to say thanks for such a lovely post , i have been hear from begining followed from a nother board many same members

I find i can come here `100 times a day and still find things i didnr know , pluss the members might have a problem with a person but let that person have a bird in trouble and there right thee helping the bird

our staff and members are awasome the cream of the crop , keep posting and reading were sure to meet again around the next block

wayyyyyy to goooooooo hugsssss doll

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:

psst, and Becky (bellow quote) is giving us the approval of reaching 10,000 with the two cute pies stories and pix/vids

0.o 10,000 ralphie pictures and videos......I think that may be too much for even me! Hahaha :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.