• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My aunt's house in India

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
My husband and I were invited to one last summer. There were like 1000 people going. They were all dressed in traditional clothing. I couldn't go in!! I had a major anxiety attack. We were the only non Indians there. My husband went by himself. :lol:
I would have been overwhelmed as well. But it Must have been beautiful.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My Goddess, that classical orange tabby cat is beautiful! Makes my heart hurt, he looks so much like my Piewacket Cat. I have always wanted to visit India.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
My mom took pics then headed off to the airport to come home. Just got them but can't post from my phone. It's an alexandrine named mitthoo, larger than big Scooter. Seems to be in a decent sized cage, gets fresh foods but only has one perch, a dowel. I'll have to send him a variety of perches! Plus other goodies. Pics when I get home.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
the cat cage you see in the collage -- well the cats have formed warring cliques, so they are let out in rotation. They are all strays that they adopted.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
awww cute Mitthoo!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Mitthoo is adorable! Another soon to be spoiled birdie!:)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
When I'm busy for a while & don't get on this is what I miss! Amazing posts like this! Thank you saroj for sharing the pics & bettering the life of that Alexandrian parrot. You're very generous. Do all houses in India look like hers, the style I mean or is it like here in the US you can have pretty much whatever lol

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Are the cats neutered or natural, Saroj? If neutered, providing a second feed station, even If just a commercial dry cat food, could solve the fight problem. Competition for food is always the main reason for fights, after territory, and they have lovely territory. I would guess that dark orange classic tabby would be a big, dangerous fighter unless he is neutered. Research shows the darker the orange, the more testosterone (here in USA). Red males are big fighters and remain aggressive after neuter, but not unmanageable as they are unneutered.

Dang. Sorry Saroj. Me running off at the mouth again. Thanks for more pics of the red tabby. May I keep them for my personal collection of reds?

Last edited:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Are the cats neutered or natural, Saroj? If neutered, providing a second feed station, even If just a commercial dry cat food, could solve the fight problem. Competition for food is always the main reason for fights, after territory, and they have lovely territory. I would guess that dark orange classic tabby would be a big, dangerous fighter unless he is neutered. Research shows the darker the orange, the more testosterone (here in USA). Red males are big fighters and remain aggressive after neuter, but not unmanageable as they are unneutered.

Dang. Sorry Saroj. Me running off at the mouth again. Thanks for more pics of the red tabby. May I keep them for my personal collection of reds?

Certainly! Thanks for the info. I'll ask my mom if they are fixed.