• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Aquariums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilraen

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danae
:innocent: In post 7, is that flame moss? And what are the foregrounds in the tank? The one looks like hairgrass, but I can't place the second.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Yes, flame moss and dwarf hair grass, and HC.{Hemianthus callitrichoides}

Gilraen

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danae
Do you suppose, if you still have them going, that next time you need to clip I could persuade you to ship some my way? I need some moss for another tank, and a foreground for my shrimp tank. But that's just if you're willing to.

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Carole, your tanks are stunning! How did you happen to be there to photograph the snake, or was he a regular visitor?:hehe:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hi Danae, I no longer have that tank set up that way. And don't have those plants anymore. I have easy stuff, crypts, anubias, spiralis. I do have some moss... christmas,java, and I can't remember the name of the other..would have to look it up. But I suffer from BBA, and thread algae...one of the reasons I've never sold my plants. As I said, I just try to keep it at as much of a minimum as I can. Pull and toss seems to keep it in check for the most part. I don't use my CO2 anymore, just a little excel, and some potassium, occasionally some Tropica nutrition. Mostly low-light now, so stuff doesn't grow too fast. If you go to The Planted Tank Forum, and join, and post in their swap and shop, there are wonderful hobbyists there that will sell you the plants extremely cheap. Sometimes for not much more than the cost of shipping. Another site is APC{aquatic plant central} What kind of shrimp are you keeping?
Hi Barb, thanks.Yes..I was in the kitchen and shot him through the window over my kitchen sink. There are two, they hang out in my yard, and seem to go under that plank of wood I have the pond on.

Last edited:

Gilraen

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danae
Ah, oh well, I tried ;) I'm keeping cherry shrimp. I am on apc, just don't post there much, though I've been thinking about making a want to buy thread. I grabbed some pics of my tank yesterday, I just need to post them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.