• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Aquariums

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Robin, Susan, and Logan:hug8:

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
Oh I looove the darios :D

As well as the blennys, gobbies and the mandarin, oh and the rics to, love them!

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
I have a 20 gallon tank with Guppies . I love my guppies . I'm afraid to kill them. This is the first time my fish actually live...:dance5: I may takes some pictures :o:

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Amy please do! I love guppies, they were some of my first as well. I bred them, and bred them, and bred them some more! If I could set up another tank it would be guppies, hands down. I have always wanted a large, planted aquarium with nothing but guppies and coryadoras :D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Guppies can be gorgeous. I like the endlers too. I have some clown killifish, which I adore. And a big fat female with her 3 minion boy corydoras habrosus.:D
In the sw tank I have a yellow sided fairy wrasse, candystriped hogfish, a green spotted mandarin, two Oscellaris clowns we have had since starting sw, the bluestriped pipefish, a lubbock's wrasse, a small Hawaiian bluespotted puffer & a bluespot jawfish. Thanks again. I have much to be thankful for this year.:)

southerninak

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
:omg: I think I can post my pictures. I will post them in a new thread...:hehe: Nobody laugh ok . I'm better at birds.:D

Fommy

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rhonda
:omg: Those are great.

Ranyart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Spectacular tanks Carole - thanks for all the detailed pics! I thoroughly enjoyed them.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks again to everyone!:)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Carole, how beautiful your tanks are! I want to see more pics please!

GigQQgles

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Carla
Those are absolutely gorgeous setups. I used to have fw setups but after losing my entire tank to a faulty heater I gave up and sold it. I have tried sw once but was not sucessful. I was told it is better to have a larger tank for that. How difficult is the sw setup in the 12gal nano? I have been tempted to try that.

Gilraen

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Danae
I used to have a 10 gallon nano, it wasn't that much work, really. Where most people go wrong is either slacking on water changes or overstocking. After it crahsed once(bad move) I set it back up again and when we moved a couple months later it crashed again and we could never find out why. I ended up with only coral in it for ages before I sold it all since I was too depressed looking at it.

Also, what do you do with your clippings? Do you just toss them, or do you sell them?

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
Carole, what a beautiful saltwater tank! I've only had the freshwater, but would love to have the saltwater tank one day ~

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
:faint::omg: Your tanks are AMAZING!
I have a 35g fw tank that I am embarrassed about! Carole your tanks are what I would LOVE my tank to look like - can you be my mentor? If you ever had a bug up your bum to post a how-to thread on making a gorgeous Carole-esque tank, you should! I would subscribe to it hourly!!! Too bad you're not closer I'd have to bribe you to come by and pretty up my tank!

Hypancistrus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
I wish my saltwater aquarium looked like that. Ours is pretty pathetic looking... lots of algae.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone for the compliments.
The nano is not hard if you follow my rules.:o: Clippings from the fw tanks I just toss, I have been known to give entire set-ups away for free though. I have sold a bit of high priced equipment. I do battle some algae in the tanks, just like everyone else. I have had it completely take over a tank. Instead of stressing about it now, I just try to keep it to a minimum. The 12 gal sw nano was my most problem free tank ever. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold it.
Any questions you have, don't hesitate to ask. I know of some great forums dedicated to aquariums too.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.