• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Afghan Hound - Pancreatisis

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
So glad he has more time with you. Make the best of it :)

I had a cat with abdominal cancer... pancreatitis was one of the frequent complications. For him it was intense pain and vomiting :(

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
That's really great news ! I'm so glad for you and shirkhan that you get to spend more time with each other :hug8:

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
Shirkhan afte the tiger in the Jungle Book? Or just a similar name?

Regardless, I am glad that he has a second lease on life. I did not understand from your first post that he had passed away just that he was deathly ill. Any reprieve is a good one.

Oh I wrote that so poorly, when the euthanasia's scheduled or even a possibility I cry and cry and cry and don't sleep... the confusion in my mind definitely came out in my post. and I am sorry for the confusion.

Jungle Book was such an all time childhood obsession for me it has carried over into life! And I did name one of my macaws after the bear Baloo.. But Shirkhan's name came from my first Afghan hound when i was 12. His full name was Shirkhan Shardozas of Kamu and he was fairly closely related to the reigning multiple champion winner Shirkhan of Grandeur.
Unknown-1.jpeg ausn002.jpg shirka3.jpg

My first Afghan was determined to be "not show quality" and went into a pet home where they listed him on Craig's List at 1 1/2 years old. My kids had heard so many stories of him that they wanted to name my next one Shirkhan also.

That's how he got his name though and just an interesting side line, my Afghan now has come from some of the same breeding lines that began with the first one above. I always thought it was interesting that all of them were/are related 13709937_1129346237138527_6870132517442000842_n.jpg .

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
The English cocker spaniel I sometimes mention, Davy, was actually David von Stadtpark from the Stadpark family in Montevideo, Uruguay (circa mid 1960's).