• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My 2 new snakes :)

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Meet Kaa (ball python) and Kilo (corn snake)

Kaa had been at a local pet store since March, and had been handled daily because of it. I just couldn’t leave him, he was so gorgeous

Kilo came from a breeder. I’ve been on the hunt for a snow corn for a long time and came across him only a few hours from me
5CE885F6-EFDA-490A-85A5-0BAC46C9C71E.jpeg F70AC781-D623-4FF6-B874-D23F570FD030.jpeg 793B23FA-290A-42C6-95EE-F05226EB88CC.jpeg 15029E9E-E645-4A65-BCD4-F87E08013CD1.jpeg 7FE8B5C4-CDBF-4083-A980-55C4E114AEE3.jpeg 0ABFB889-7330-46EC-AA0E-D6DA431310D8.jpeg 0E160881-23A0-46B7-A08F-A448D361D831.jpeg 286B6795-75F4-4A5F-A50F-09A00C16E704.jpeg

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
They are both beauties!! Congrats!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Sooo pretty! Congrats! Love their names btw!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Beauties, to be sure!

Snakes are one type of critter I KNOW my wife would forbid in the house...so I have to enjoy everybody else's...;)

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
Congrats!
My neighbor recently hatched a clutch of BP's. He offered to give me one, but we are just full up, with five snakes (not counting the space devoted to birds).
I keep mine in large glass terrariums so I can watch them. As pretty as the wild type corns are, I do love all the morphs. Mine is a lavender-something, and is a uniform silver pink.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Pretty.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
They are gorgeous!

Kaa is extra handsome! :heart:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
What beautiful little guys!!! :heart: Kaa is gorgeous, and Kilo is just so cute! :xflove:

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
Just curious as to how big Kilo will most likely grow?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're beautiful!! :swoon: Bitty baby snakes are TOO cute.

Distaff

Real Name
Mary
Beauties, to be sure!

Snakes are one type of critter I KNOW my wife would forbid in the house...so I have to enjoy everybody else's...;)
Here's what you do: Take a sudden and OBSESSIVE interest in say, tarantuals. Always have Tom Moran's (IIRC, that's his name) Big Spiders videos playing on YouTube. This tactic will be believable, because they are actually very good videos. Start waxing poetic about the transcendent beauty of the dinner plate sized Goliath Bird Eater, or the Pink Toe (I just love the thought of little pink *shoes* on a spider). Don't neglect to play the vid on the one tarantula (can't remember the common nor Latin name) that lives communally - a big box full of Big spiders!

After she is tired of THAT, you can suggest that you would, if you HAD to, "settle" for a snake. Just a tiny little hatchling...
Make it look like a compromise. ;):p

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here's what you do: Take a sudden and OBSESSIVE interest in say, tarantuals. Always have Tom Moran's (IIRC, that's his name) Big Spiders videos playing on YouTube. Start waxing poetic about the transcendent beauty of the dinner plate sized Goliath Bird Eater, or the Pink Toe (I just love the thought of little pink *shoes* on a spider).

After she is tired of THAT, you can suggest that you would, if you HAD to "settle" for a snake. Just a tiny little hatchling...
Make it look like a compromise. ;):p
Wanna know something hilarious? My mother hates snakes and is scared to death of my sweet ball python......but she has a pet tarantula. :roflmao:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Beauties, to be sure!

I love how snakes feel on one's skin. No intention of getting any plus, like you, a snake would have me sitting at the kerb in less than a nanu-second along with the said snake.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Wanna know something hilarious? My mother hates snakes and is scared to death of my sweet ball python......but she has a pet tarantula. :roflmao:
Umm, yeeeaaah, no. Give me a snake anyday, I've had wild tarantulas jump at me and I can't jump that far any more.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Gorgeous!!!! :xflove: Kaa is so lucky to have been taken home by you. He is gorgeous!

Ever since I was a kid I wanted a ball python. I am not in a position to get a snake right now, but maybe within the next year I could rehome or rescue a ball python. It has been a childhood dream of mine to live with one of these beautiful creatures. There is something almost mystical and zen about snakes. :heart:

Marvel_ous

Real Name
Trinity
Haha, I've always wanted either a ball python or a corn snake, but my mom would flip out if I even MENTIONED wanting one. She hates herpes and rodents for some reason.