• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Must have toys for a GCC?

d_hoover18

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone,

If you read my other post within the last week you know that I am bringing home my baby YS this weekend. We purchased a decent amount of toys and Maverick already has two that he really seems to like. They are what I would call climbing/hanging toys with ropes, bells, plastic discs and beads on them. I call them hanging toys because that's what he loves to do with them.

Anyway... Some of the toys that we purchased are foraging toys, puzzles, more hanging/climbing things. However, I'd really like to know what all of your GCC's prefer. Maybe you have a favorite shop you like to get them from. I know some of the members on here have there own shops. Please reference them and any other favorites you have so that I can take a look and start getting more stuff.

Thanks everyone!

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I have a BCC, but they're pretty similar. My favorite shop is @calibird California Bird Nerds because I like to make my own toys and they have the best selection at the best price. I also really like @Mizzely 's shop Lil Monsters. She has a great selection of toys with so many different textures and my birds also love the dino foragers. The "foot toy grab bag" is a great way to try different materials and see what each bird likes.

Awhile back I bought a roll of palm zigzag shredder stuff and my lovebird and linnies wouldn't touch it, but my BCC can't get enough! He also seems to like those toys that are balsa with corks stuffed in, and the bird kabobs. I'm trying to encourage him to chew harder stuff, but he's a baby still :xflove: He seems to really enjoy jumping from perch to perch, so I'd definitely recommend setting up the cage for that.

When is he coming home?

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I pick him up on Saturday. I can't wait!
How fun! Do you have other birds? My conure is such a snuggler, I tell people whoever thinks birds aren't cuddly has never met a conure!

d_hoover18

Meeting neighbors
How fun! Do you have other birds? My conure is such a snuggler, I tell people whoever thinks birds aren't cuddly has never met a conure!
No I've never had any other birds. Maverick will be my first. I went to see him every week at the bird shop and he doesn't seem to cuddly yet. I'm assuming because he only seen me once a week and he is still unsure of me. I also brought 1 person with me every week to see him so that he could get used to other people and once he is on me he doesn't want to go to anyone else. But if he is on someone else and I try to get him back he comes right to me. So I guess that's a good sign

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
We have made it through quite a few vendors here on the forum. I have never been disappointed with toy or supplies/food I have bought through AA vendors. For toys a few of our top go to shop's are LiL Monsters, Seriously Nutz, and Things for Wings. Our Jenks really loves the toys from these shop's as well as the other AA shop's we visit. He hasn't met a toy yet that he won't try.

Dgh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dana
My gcc loves me and the leaf/stem buds off of safe bird type woody limbs. She doesn't pay much attention to her toys at all. But whatever I have or do or ask her to do she is game.