• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Murphys Morning Sounds

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have been playing youtube sounds of cockatiels every morning for my budgies. Murphy is not repeating some of the whistles. Towards the end of the video when he turns his head you can hear a few of these sounds.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
My lovies did enjoy hearing a few of Murphy's sounds! It is so cute that he imitates those cockatiel sounds, for a while I have been trying to teach my birds the whistle of the hunger games but no succes yet:D

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Lady Jane he is soooooo adorable! I can't stand it!! I watched this over and over! Thank you for posting!

I thought he said "what you doing" in the very very beginning. Then I heard the Tiel sounds! LOL Sooo adorable!!! :pinklol2: :faint:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Murphy was trying hard, but it looks like his buddy in the background - was not impressed.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Being a female budgie Mickey is not into all the singing and whistling stuff. To my knowledge Murphy has not talked yet but I do say "what ch doin" to him often.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
At 0.03 he says "what cha doin" at 0.16 he says "baby".

Murphy is so cute.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Awesome, Dobby really loves to whistle and make sounds to get his point across but he has quite a few words and phrases he knows. He just started saying baby boy which Lurch used to say from whoever originally raised him:xflove: It's cool to think he is picking up new words from us now as we call him baby boy a lot as it fits and is kinda a tribute to Lurch.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How old is Dobby? My other male budgies from the past began talking about 8 or 9 months of age. Murphy not talking. I read that birds that learn whistling do not talk. Trying to prove that wrong.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Never said baby to him. Will try to hear it.

Still don't hear it.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
How old is Dobby? My other male budgies from the past began talking about 8 or 9 months of age. Murphy not talking. I read that birds that learn whistling do not talk. Trying to prove that wrong.
Dobby is a Maxi Pionus and is probably about 8 now, Lurch was another Maxi who really liked to talk and was probably about 10 when he escaped and he was still learning new words. Nerd was on of my first Maxi's, was probably wild caught, and always spoke wild Pionus bur we understood each other perfectly and he knew his name, had a name for himself, and a vocalization of a name for me. He was with me 31 years.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
So cute - love how he imitates the tiels...maybe my 2 budgies will learn to imitate my tiels? One of my tiels likes to mimic the budgies :)