• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Multiple bird-days

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Eloy...WOW that's a lot of candles.
And I must ask you some questions too. :D
Is Jaden Jalen a Conure?
He/she looks really sweet, true or? (love his/shes eyes ♥ )

Yes, Jaden is a Dusky. He can be sweet but he can also be nippy.

They are all such beautiful birdies! What was it like to hatch out Mulder and Scully and raise them? I've always wondered what that would be like!:) Happy Birdie Hatchday everyone!

It was exciting when these two guys hatched out but also made me nervous sometimes. Ricky and Lucy had a clutch before them and only 1 baby hatched and only lived about 24 hours. Even though I had previous handfeeding experience I had never fed any bird younger than 3 wks. old. so I was hoping that mom & dad would take good care of them. They seemed to be good parents for the most part although I would find them out of the nest box for 45 mins and sometimes more and that concerned me. Dad seemed to interact with the babies more than mom. Wasn't sure I was going to pull the babies but Scully was a lot smaller than Mulder which also concerned me (although I thought he was a female and maybe that's why he was smaller) so I finally pulled them at 4 wks. of age. I planned to feed them 3 times a day but Scully would take very little of the formula so I wound up feeding them 5-6 times a day until I decided to feed Mulder first. Scully got angry and started jumping up and down in the brooder and crying. When it was his turn to be fed he ate everything in the syringe and I never had a problem feeding him again.

It was a good experience overall. I kept notes regarding their weights, how much they ate, their development, etc. Took lots of photos. Ricky and Lucy had 3 more clutches after M & S and then I took away the nest box.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
@Eloy...WOW that's a lot of candles.

Yes, Jaden is a Dusky. He can be sweet but he can also be nippy.

It was exciting when these two guys hatched out but also made me nervous sometimes. Ricky and Lucy had a clutch before them and only 1 baby hatched and only lived about 24 hours. Even though I had previous handfeeding experience I had never fed any bird younger than 3 wks. old. so I was hoping that mom & dad would take good care of them. They seemed to be good parents for the most part although I would find them out of the nest box for 45 mins and sometimes more and that concerned me. Dad seemed to interact with the babies more than mom. Wasn't sure I was going to pull the babies but Scully was a lot smaller than Mulder which also concerned me (although I thought he was a female and maybe that's why he was smaller) so I finally pulled them at 4 wks. of age. I planned to feed them 3 times a day but Scully would take very little of the formula so I wound up feeding them 5-6 times a day until I decided to feed Mulder first. Scully got angry and started jumping up and down in the brooder and crying. When it was his turn to be fed he ate everything in the syringe and I never had a problem feeding him again.

It was a good experience overall. I kept notes regarding their weights, how much they ate, their development, etc. Took lots of photos. Ricky and Lucy had 3 more clutches after M & S and then I took away the nest box.

That's so cool! Thanks for sharing! I had a bonded pair of Linnies that I bought four years ago, Winnie and Pyp and we found a growth on Pyp back in October, so I moved them into their own cage and was going to give them a nest box and see if they would breed just because we couldn't do anything for Pyp (mass was too big to remove) and I loved their colors and I just felt bad I guess. We lost Pyp at the end of October before I could even get the nest box set up and Winnie was a wreck, so I moved my only other male in with her and left my remaining females in the other cage. Winnie laid three eggs right away but they never hatched. I'd like to try to do at least one clutch at some point but I'm in no hurry. Winnie and Eli still have their nest box and I bought a new male, Newbie, for the three females in the other cage but I haven't hung a nest box for them yet. Newbie has bonded with Ollie it seems. It would be interesting to see what happens if I gave them a nest box. We have one but I haven't set it up yet.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Happy Bird-days to all of our beautiful flock!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's so cool! Thanks for sharing! I had a bonded pair of Linnies that I bought four years ago, Winnie and Pyp and we found a growth on Pyp back in October, so I moved them into their own cage and was going to give them a nest box and see if they would breed just because we couldn't do anything for Pyp (mass was too big to remove) and I loved their colors and I just felt bad I guess. We lost Pyp at the end of October before I could even get the nest box set up and Winnie was a wreck, so I moved my only other male in with her and left my remaining females in the other cage. Winnie laid three eggs right away but they never hatched. I'd like to try to do at least one clutch at some point but I'm in no hurry. Winnie and Eli still have their nest box and I bought a new male, Newbie, for the three females in the other cage but I haven't hung a nest box for them yet. Newbie has bonded with Ollie it seems. It would be interesting to see what happens if I gave them a nest box. We have one but I haven't set it up yet.

Sorry about Pyp. Best of luck with the breeding. Lucy and Ricky were together for 9 years w/ a nest box before she laid her first clutch. I am not sure how old they were when I got them.