1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MRHA Pics

Discussion in 'Amazon Avenue' started by Rain Bow, 5/17/17.

1. Rain Bow

Rain Bow Strolling the yard

Rain
    This title seemed to go in properly this time. I must'a hit the wrong button on my last post.

Here are the pics you have been asking for!

Buddy today after his spray shower!

IMG_20170517_125221.jpg
    Got a little cool & had to cover the cage more.

IMG_20170517_125144.jpg

Much Later, dry & poofy & time for a little preening!

IMG_20170517_195804.jpg
    IMG_20170517_195818.jpg
    Now back to the norm!
    IMG_20170517_195503.jpg

Now hopefully this works... Ta Da!

:grouphug2:Rain & Buddy :<a title=LCA:" title="Lilac Crowned Amazon :LCA:" />

rockybird, janicedyh, KimKim and 10 others like this.
  2. txdyna65

txdyna65 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue

Kenny
    Buddy is beautiful :)

3. Rain Bow

Rain
    Awwwe Shucks! All I did was feed it. I think he followed me home. Lol!

4. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    Wow! He's stunning! He has so much red on his forehead! Here's my little LCA, Nibbles. She's 8.

nibbles4.jpg

5. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    Ok, I read your other post! He looks so much like a Lilac Crown but I think you are right! He's a Mexcican Red Headed! It's too early! LOL! He's beautiful by the way!

Love My Zons and Rain Bow like this.
  6. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Deanna
    Great pictures, he's gorgeous!:heart:

Rain Bow likes this.
  7. Rolanda

Rolanda Rollerblading along the road

BEAUTIFUL BOY!!!!:heart:

Rain Bow likes this.
  8. Lincee

Lincee Jogging around the block

Jan
    They look so awesome! :heart:

Rain Bow likes this.
  9. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    Those are great pictures of him!

Rain Bow likes this.
  10. Rain Bow

Rain

Hi JM!
    I looked & I could be wrong but the variance between a LCA & a MRH was a determination of the skin above the beak where his nostrils are... Your LCA has a blueish tinge. Buddy has a skin tone area hear. I know it is hard to see it in my pics.

Your Nibbles friend is super cute! I wish my guy was in a better mood so a pic of his nose would be OK. He's a bit cranky today. I maybe can get one in the next few days.

:bluhug: Rain

11. Rain Bow

Rain
    Hi Tiel!

Thank you so much! How are you today? It seems the more fresh he eats vrs. ALL seed & dried, his feathers are getting prettier each time I bathe him!

:gbh: Rain

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  12. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Buddy is very handsome.

Rain Bow likes this.
  13. Rain Bow

Rain
    Hi Rolanda!
    If your name ever comes out like this.... Roland's ... Its the tablet doing some auto correct I cannot seem to figure out how to stop it. I am afraid I am going to miss it one of these days! :lol:

Thank you for the compliment on Buddy!

I meant to ask you on my post over your way... Do you like Fruits & Veggies raw? I may have an idea for your Beaksey's fresh issue.

:heart: Rain

14. Rolanda

Rolanda Rollerblading along the road

I try everything with him/them some days they like them, some days they don't. Peas seem to be a constant hit so they get any kind we have, even the ones inside green beans, LOL. I'm tryingbto get my hands on some limas. I try different things (fruits & veggies) and am just happy when he/they eat them, any of them:xflove:.:)

Rain Bow likes this.
  15. baserock love

baserock love Strolling the yard

Colin
    He's gorgeous. What's he like though? What is your day to day with him?

Rain Bow likes this.
  16. Rain Bow

Rain
    Hi Lincee!
    Thanks! I believe he's approx. 19/20 years. May I ask what your pic is in your avie? I see them quite a bit when I am reading but do not know. Also, is it different species that determines beak color? I notice different McCaws & Amazon's have black beaks, while others are orangey or pale flesh tones. Just curious.

:hug2: Rain

Last edited: 5/21/17
  17. Rain Bow

Rain
    Hi Express!
    How are you? Nice to see you pop up on the boards! How tall is your McCaw (s)? I've only seen them from afar never really up close. I used to be really scared of birds. They never really seemed to like me. Even Buddy... When he was young, he seemed to hate me, & to be honest I thought he was mean. Now he has earned my respect & love. Since bringing him on as a (project & safe haven to start). Now, still a safe haven, but I want him to feel safe, warm & loved. I have learned so much about him & his kind, I believe that most of why he did not like me was that I move to fast & it scared him. Now, that I have modified my behavior we get along very well, I also knowwhen to just let him be. Yesdterday, was one of those days. I think I am considered his affectionately emotions a mate, but I (think, or maybe hope) also his respect. Maybe its just that I'm the food machine! Lol!

It amazed me how fast he knew my game was off last week when I was sick. He respected me enough to not chew me out for really really over sleeping. He was also a little :angel3: behaviorally.

How do they read us so well? Is it just instinct?

:gbh: Rain

Last edited: 5/21/17
  18. Rain Bow

Rain
    Hi IamwhoIam!

Nice to finally meet you! I recognize your ID. I am not sure if it has been from wall my reading or if we landed in the same posts. Do I see a little red on your avie pic (right) or is it my imagination? May I ask what your little ones are in that pic as they look similar from Buddy. @ least from behind. I realize they could be totally different. :lol:

:bighug: Rain

19. Rain Bow

Rain
    Hiya' Baserock!
    Thanks for asking... A real basic day is not ideal. Most days are not like those. He gets up in 2 stages. I go into where he is at the moment, kind of secluded right now which is hopefully a long term place. The front of his cage is always open. I pull back the top part of his sheet/blanket to... Just before his main perch. We chatter a little @ on another. Then I come back. I either take off his blanket, or leave it if he appears cool.

A little background... My house is old w/radiator heat, & very drafty. He's in the warmest room, just not close enough to the heater & windows. I worked on the room considerably the other day, but there is still a ton of my kids stuff to pack & move. I explains some of this maybe in another post. I'm also trying to decide how to re-do our living room for him to get constant attention. In the mean time, I am working on an Estate, which was how we received Buddy.

I'm constantly roaming my home, so he gets attention off & on during the day from me, we play, sing, talk have little treat/snack times, we also snuggle & sometimes play hide & go seek w/ the blanket. If its a day that I'm on the phone a bunch it's less, as he hates the phone!

He seems @ times to want to hop onto my shoulder more then anything, which I will not let him do, I like my ears & face. Or step onto my hand, but never more then a touch w/ 1 foot, and off again. He has never held my hand/finger 1 footed longer then 30 seconds to a minute. He will not step up/down or off tried all three commands. I'm pretty sure I found his step off/on stick @ the other house & when I show it to him he was so upset I had to hide it to even remove it from the room. The soothing took another 1/2 an hour. I'm not sure if was the emotion to his 1 & only holder/owner's death, mourning/just he hated the thing. I know he about when he was purchased. Can't seem to locate the store, but we may have found the breeder, which I still need to try to call. I spend a few shorter sessions in the evening after I take in his dinner & go back, & fourth. Sometimes these are 5 minutes, sometimes 20 minutes or more. I'm trying to let his mod & attitude dictate since he's in mating mode, & I'm pretty confidant I'm the chosen one. *blushing*

I can say every day off & on the cage is open & I call to him. He will only come out when bribed. Usually long enough to grab or walk to said item, then goes back in. Seems to prefer it. At night, we have Adventure Time. He comes out, visits walks all over the sides & top. Investigates the room, changes etc from there. We sing, usually have snacks or a little meal together on his door perch. Sometimes he does a mating dance which I talk to him saying a gentle no to him, in our speak, leave the room & close the from for. Go back in about 15-30 SEC's later then depending on his actions take a longer more secure time out. There are little glass beads I keep finding in the carpet so until then he has to be secured for his safety. Then we either have more or no more Time. Then we start to get ready to bed, which for him, this is usually 1-1/2 hour process, unless he's into forcing seed down. Which is when he basically ignores everything. Bath days its much more complex as he seems to hate it initially. Each time seems to go smoother. Basic times & amounts are variable but its good that there's some variance. Its not perfect but I'm trying to give him as much time as I have for the day & I feel I can give him based on both our moods. I'll have to edit this later, sorry if its messed up!

:grouphug: Rain

20. Love My Zons

Love My Zons Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Claire
    I love the MRH and of course the LCA too. All great birds! I am quite fond of those with red variants to their heads. :heart:

Rain Bow likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)