• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mr. Magu is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Jan, Ginger, Susan, and Dawn!:hug8:
New video is loading:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Oh no I am just seeing this Carole I am so sorry I hope he gets better soon :hug8::hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks so much Sarah!!:hug8::heart:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Do so hope Mr Magu is better now Carole. For years we had the blue variety of lionheads do not know the correct name now! One was so intelligent. When he got hungry he would pick up some of the small grit at the bottom of the tank and ping it at the glass to get our attention! He was the only one who did that.
They are so peaceful and soothing to watch aren't they?
Hope all is well with them now. :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Do so hope Mr Magu is better now Carole. For years we had the blue variety of lionheads do not know the correct name now! One was so intelligent. When he got hungry he would pick up some of the small grit at the bottom of the tank and ping it at the glass to get our attention! He was the only one who did that.
That must have been so funny! How smart of him!!:laughing12:
They are so peaceful and soothing to watch aren't they?
Hope all is well with them now. :hug8:
Yes, they are wonderful, and having several different set ups, with different fish, they are so fascinating. I keep inverts, both fw and sw, and they are also extremely fascinating and fun to watch.:)
Thanks so much Ann, for the well wishes.:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
how beautiful..so relaxing.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Carole, I hope his issue was a one time thing. Fasting is not a bad idea esp if you see fecal matter that doesn't appear that solid. I know that golds are good plant eaters too. I know that with Discus it's a good practice to let them rid their bodies of everything by fasting them a day or two.

I have always heard that the more rounded bodied fish are prone to swim bladder problems. They are not elongated like other fish. So hoping Mr. Magu is okay! :hug8:

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Hi Carole fellow goldfish keeper here. Do you put fresh water salt in the tank? Do you soak his pellets first before feeding them. I also add a little heat when they have boyancy issues. If you do all of this, sorry just want to help in anyway if I may? :) Sending healing to your Magu!! And a :hug8:for you.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh dear, Carole, I hope Mr. Magu will be alright. :hug5:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
how beautiful..so relaxing.
Thank you Anne!:hug8:

Carole, I hope his issue was a one time thing. Fasting is not a bad idea esp if you see fecal matter that doesn't appear that solid. I know that golds are good plant eaters too. I know that with Discus it's a good practice to let them rid their bodies of everything by fasting them a day or two.

I have always heard that the more rounded bodied fish are prone to swim bladder problems. They are not elongated like other fish. So hoping Mr. Magu is okay! :hug8:
Thank you Claire! :hug8:Good advice too, I will be incorporating a day off for them like I do my other tanks.:highfive:
Hi Carole fellow goldfish keeper here. Do you put fresh water salt in the tank? Do you soak his pellets first before feeding them. I also add a little heat when they have boyancy issues. If you do all of this, sorry just want to help in anyway if I may? :) Sending healing to your Magu!! And a :hug8:for you.
Hi Tracy, thanks and all advice is welcome and much appreciated.:hug8: I do put the freshwater salt. I don't soak the pellets, but will definitely start. A friend thought a heater might be helpful too. I was afraid because it seems when I heat their tank it goes over what I would like. Maybe one just kept on low for the night when temps do drop a bit might be good? In the day it's running presently at about 76 degrees F.

Oh dear, Carole, I hope Mr. Magu will be alright. :hug5:
Thank you miss Marie, you are always so kind.:hug8:

Thanks everyone for all of the great advice and love. I am going to test the nitrates again today to make sure they aren't creeping back up. If so, will do another big water change tomorrow.:)

Bethany

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
I hope he is alright :(
My sister used to have four or five goldfish in a 55 gallon and they were beautiful to watch :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks Bethany!:hug8: So far so good..no more crazy swimming.:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Claire:hug8: On the heater, I am just keeping it on low for consistency. The tank tends to fluctuate more than a few degrees sometimes, and I know that's not good. I manage the heat of the summer with A/C, fans, and opening the top of the tank. I keep a piece of ceiling diffuser there so in case either of them got a wild scale to jump. Here in the winter, the tank has been as low as 71 and up to 76. Fl is weird that way, you can have the heat or A/C on in the same day! This is the only state I have stayed, where you could do that, though I imagine people living near the desert experience similar swings. Thanks again for your help, I will check the link!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I like the part of the article where it mentions a Vet from up here at NC State. I lived in FL for 12 yrs and here too I have had A/C on and heat in the same day!

:omg: I have my Africans set to warm, but my tanks with my rescue (Walmart) Betta's they are whatever the thermostat is. :o: But both are doing well.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Glad to hear Claire. It's nice when people do research and care the best they can for fish.:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
The news is not good.:( I lost Mr. Magu the other day.:sad1: Matsui became very very sad, so I picked him up a new friend, and two more coming next week. I will post pics of them later in a new thread. Gotta run..

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The news is not good.:( I lost Mr. Magu the other day.:sad1: Matsui became very very sad, so I picked him up a new friend, and two more coming next week. I will post pics of them later in a new thread. Gotta run..
Oh no,Im so sorry for your loss. Swim free,Mr.Magu.

Status
Not open for further replies.