• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moving to a new address!

Fiwi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
I want to thank members of Lovebird Lane for your advice and support while we were fostering a little Lovebird named Buddy. We enjoyed our few months with him and I think he did too! Unfortunately, we were unable to get the necessary paperwork for him to leave the Bahamas and return to the US with us. He's back with his first owner and was happily reunited with her other 3 birds! We learned a lot about patience with Buddy since he wasn't tame. He made some progress with us and I think his owner is going to spend some time with him and continue our work! Which brings me to my new address announcement!

My daughter has her heart set on a Caique. After much research I believe we can give a good home to one. We are now on the hunt for our new feathered friend. So it's off to Caique Cul-de-Sac. We are back in the US full time now. We are living in Maine. If anyone happens to know of any available babies or tame Caiques for adoption in the Northeast, please let me know.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww, A little sad that you had to say goodbye to Buddy.

I hope you and your daughter are adjusting well to living in Maine :)
Good luck expanding your family :loveshower:

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
@Fiwi just curious, has your daughter interacted with any adults caiques or just baby ones? I just warn people that caiques are so cute and playful with they are babies but some do have a habit of getting aggressive if not getting the proper attention. They are a bit bipolar. Wish you the best of luck with your new addition.

Fiwi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
She hasn't had the opportunity to, but she's aware of the proclivity. She has been devouring all the books and online articles on them she can to learn as much as she can. I work from home so I'll be able to help entertain him when she's at school. The baby we are considering was just born a week ago, so we have time before we bring him home.

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
It must have been hard saying goodbye.

Have you or your daughter seen Parrot Playhouse on YouTube? She did some very informative video's about owning a caiques.
A lot off these beautiful birds end up in shelters because people don't prepare for such a energetic bird. Maybe a nice way to bring a new bird into your life?

Fiwi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
It was! I'll have to ask her about Parrot Playhouse. We are committed now. Our baby hatched on June 3rd! I fully understand the challenges of these small but mighty birds! Fortunately, I have plenty of time to spend with the bird when she can't. We intend to spoil him rotten with all the enrichment toys and attention he needs!

IMG_1798.jpeg IMG_1797.jpeg