• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mousebirds in the USA?

budgies123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
ive been quite interested in softbills lately. i may be getting a softbill bird maybe next year october and until then i wanted to research. The three birds ive been interested in are mousebirds, ringneck doves, and diamond doves. out of the three which make the best pet? noise doesnt really bother me much so any noise is okay with me. how about mess factors between the ringneck dove and the mousebird? any places where i can get a hand tame mousebird in NY? or any people who ship mousebirds that are hand tame to NY? thank you

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have read that mousebirds make amazing pets but I don't think they're that easy to find here. There was a woman in Florida who used to breed them, Suzanne Russo. I don't know if she does anymore or not.

budgies123

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I have read that mousebirds make amazing pets but I don't think they're that easy to find here. There was a woman in Florida who used to breed them, Suzanne Russo. I don't know if she does anymore or not.
aw thats too bad :sad5: ill check her out though. mousebirds sound so sweet too

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You could still contact her to ask about a waiting list. She is one of very few breeders in this country who hand feeds mousebirds.